British Weather

Mark85

Hairy Faced Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having a right time of it today! The weather looked so nice this morning, so I left the cover at home and rode off into work.
I'm now looking out of my office window seeing my new baby getting a thorough soaking.

I've got an Oxford Stormex which I probably should have brought with me to work, but I'm feeling pretty fooilsh today.

As some of you know, I'm new to this whole biking thing, so is there anything I should do after my bike has spent a day outside taking a shower?

Cheers
Mark

Mark85

Hairy Faced Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, ride it every day and don't worry about a bit of rain!

I don't worry about it when I'm on it. I think it just looked a bit sorry for itself.

I'm doing alright so far. Clocked up 300 miles since saturday morning. woop!
I'm going to put up a pic or two, when the sun decides to show it's face.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Ignore the weather, the forecasts are almost always wrong anyway. I only take notice when they do the severe weather warnings, or winter arrives. Sorry guys, but but bad weather is why I have a car, that and work force me to have one.

Davey

Reaction score
Visit site
Ha ha! That's why I moved from the UK to France! Great riding weather! Tarmac temps are so high you stick to the road like glue!

Having said all that, I did get caught in a big afternoon downpoor on Sunday, and when it rains here it absolutely chicks it down. Only wearing jeans and my bike jacket but without the waterproof liner :eek: however, fairing and Puig double bubble actually kept a lot off me!

Used to ride in all weather in the UK, don't worry about it! Dry her off a bit before putting her to bed if you can and lube her up nice and often.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I must admit after the last muggy week here in Holland I was glad to see some rain and strong winds the last couple of days, I took the scenic route home yesterday (along the coast) just to get blown about some more :eek:

Anyway I hope the weather improves in the UK as I'll be there on Friday, and was planning on doing some walking with the family (in the yorkshire dales no less :thumbup: )

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah, ride it every day and don't worry about a bit of rain!
Hell yeah!

I keep a cover at work for my bike and put it in the garage when at home. I'm not as bothered about the rain - I mainly do it so that in a couple of years time the black bits will still be black instead of grey faded by the sun and weather!

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm facing a ride home tonight in heavy rain - in my none-waterproof leathers. Also my back tyre is bald as a coot following too many motorway miles. I was going to get it replaced tomorrow - honest guv:spank:

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Reading this thread whilst looking out of the window at work... Opted for the squid look this morning :spank: fingers crossed it stays dry til home time!

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Just arrived back from Matlock Sunny all day just started to go cloudy now.
Don't use covers when I park the bike up at work just let it get wet, a bit of rain does it no harm what so ever. But when in winter I normally hose the bike down a couple of times a week just to get rid of the salt.

bluefaz

Reaction score
Visit site
i own a 2005 fz6 fazer in galaxy blue, been riding it all year round since i bought it new, it still looks like new apart from the engine paint peeling off a bit, i tend to grease everything before winter sets in and everytime i wash it, i only pay attention to paintwork and always wax it after every wash, i,ll apply more grease to things like nuts and areas around the footpegs, all the places that the salt can damage and its paid off. i,ll post some pictures of it when i work out how to do it.

Fahren

Reaction score
Visit site
well after 22 years my old fizzer still looks good despite the British weather! then again one of the last 14 owners did have the frame plasti coated so i suppose that helps, shame they didnt look after the bloody electrics as i cant ride more than 20 miles with the lights on b4 the battery drains.......looks like im gonna be spending the dark months driving the old metal box!!! BBQ summer my ass!!:Flip: