Feelers for a 2009 New England Meet (Pick ALL dates you're available.)

2009 New England Meet availability?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm a little late getting off the block with planning so I want to start with available weekends. I'm going to poll for three or four weekends that I am available. Let's see who can make it for a meet on what weekends. The most people that can, we'll plan on that weekend. It's going to be multiple choice so pick ALL available weekends so we can get an accurate count. The poll is public so we can read all the possible attendee names. The poll closes in 7 days.

Possible routes are a mirror of the 2008 meet, a Western NH into VT run, or a Catskills/Bear Mtn run. Open to all opinions and suggestions at this time! :D All bikes welcome.

Thanks all and hope we can get something together!

Last edited:

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Feelers for a 2009 New England Meet

So far any dates in Aug works for me - hopefully we can nail this down before things start to fill up on the calendar. If I can get my dates on an empty square I'm usually safe.

As far as routes, I'm game for whatever. Western NH/VT might make it more palatable for a broader group.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site

This is a great idea - can't wait for the responses! VT or Bear Mt would be good for me as I meet you for either from where I am.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

So far any dates in Aug works for me - hopefully we can nail this down before things start to fill up on the calendar. If I can get my dates on an empty square I'm usually safe.

As far as routes, I'm game for whatever. Western NH/VT might make it more palatable for a broader group.

Excellent! You were fast on the poll! :D

Those are the dates that work for me as well. I threw in the end of July but that is cutting it close.

After riding with the large group Sunday, I like the western NH/VT run as well. I am hoping that folks who drive the better VT roads can plot the best course for a ride and possibly lead though. I'm very unfamiliar with riding in VT and have only heard of some of the great places.

Also, if it is large enough, we could handle two groups, one spirited group and one leisurely group? Thoughts?

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe we should start with trying to sort out a lodging location - should be easy to find a good route from there. Anybody have a bike friendly place they just love to stay in that general area.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Maybe we should start with trying to sort out a lodging location - should be easy to find a good route from there. Anybody have a bike friendly place they just love to stay in that general area.

Good plan! Perhaps starting out in the Keene area would be a safe bet and general location? The ride Sunday got interesting right about the time we left Keene and headed to VT. I'll be headed down on whatever Friday and staying overnight. :D

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm in as long as it's after the 12th of August. I have a big inspection and won't have any time available until after the 12th.

I also didn't realize it was a multiple choice poll. I pick all three that are after the 12th.:D

mpb218

Reaction score
Visit site

I voted Aug. 30, I oughta be around by then, heading to Qatar for a month at the end of July.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks all! Anthony, I changed the title so riders will hopefully pick all the dates they are available. :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I voted Aug. 30, I oughta be around by then, heading to Qatar for a month at the end of July.

Qatar? Wow! That sounds like an interesting trip!

We'll see how the voting pans out. I didn't include the next to last weekend in Aug because I'm not around for that weekend. I also didn't include the first weekend in Aug as my wife isn't available then.

I hope we can get a big group together! :D

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far the 16th looks good, hope it all comes together, any ideas on routes at this time Eric?

I vote the Kancamagus Scenic Byway could be part of it again. (link provided for our out of state riders)

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So far the 16th looks good, hope it all comes together, any ideas on routes at this time Eric?

I vote the Kancamagus Scenic Byway could be part of it again. (link provided for our out of state riders)

We're thinking of a Western NH/VT run. I might bring back the White Mtns tour for the 2010 ride though. Maybe change up the route a bit. It will be a lot easier with the GPS that actually will let me input a route now! :D We'll avoid that traffic fiasco at the end of the last meet!

So, would you be OK for a NH/VT run?

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site

The place we stayed last year seemed pretty close. Is that still the general ride area Eric? As soon as we decide on the date I'll book a room somewhere. I'll head up Friday morning and stay till Sunday.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

The place we stayed last year seemed pretty close. Is that still the general ride area Eric? As soon as we decide on the date I'll book a room somewhere. I'll head up Friday morning and stay till Sunday.

This would actually be about 2 hours closer for you. :D Keene is about 20 miles east of Brattleboro, VT on I91.

Eric just posted a ride link that looks interesting. Going to check that out! :D

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't vote for any date, but hope to be able to ride before the summer is over. I had shoulder surgury and am in no condition to ride yet. If the ride is in late August, I hope I'll be ready.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I didn't vote for any date, but hope to be able to ride before the summer is over. I had shoulder surgury and am in no condition to ride yet. If the ride is in late August, I hope I'll be ready.

Sorry that you had to go through that! What's the doc's prognosis and/or ETA for riding?

Hope you heal REALLY fast! It would be great to see you again! :thumbup:

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry that you had to go through that! What's the doc's prognosis and/or ETA for riding?

Hope you heal REALLY fast! It would be great to see you again! :thumbup:

Out of work until at least August 11, figure I can't ride till at least then. Had surgury on May 11. Lots of damage from a skiing accident in February. Healing well, almost full range of motion now. will start strength training soon.

I last rode in April, missing it alot. I started her up last thursday, she's ready to go. My wife offered to ride it for me, and even though she's ridden it in the past, I couldn't let her do it. She's been taunting me by taking her Ninja out on the few nice days we've had:(

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
From what our calendar says the 9th is the only day that we can't do. the other days are good for me. Unless Keira has anything else planned that is not on the calendar!

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I can consult with some friends about routes - I am aware of a very good ride but need to consult a map before I post it. I live about 45 minutes from Bennington so VT is a common destination for me and my friends.