Jet Kit for FZ6 ?

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody put stage 1 jet kit to an FZ6 and what kind of change happened...i've searched the forum but couldnt find anything...i'm not planning to change my exhaust system but i will get a K&N air filter..i have never ridden a jetkit installed bike so i simply dont know what to expect , so if there is anybody out there with a jet kit installed on his/her FZ6 please let us know what difference it makes..

S

sportrider

the FZ6 is fuel injected so there is no jet kit. to adjust the mixture you'll need a power commander.

tolgatt

Goodfella
Reaction score
Visit site
oops yeah,i messed that up , you are right..the problem is , i was rolling through the list of bikes that jet kits are available from dyno jets website,, i've seen the fz6 ,too...but apparently those were the old fz6 's in 80's...i didnt even think anything else when i saw fz6 :D
ok so my question would be about power commander than....with stock parts except the air filter, what could a power commander do? what do you exactly feel different when you start using power commander..i know there are various maps you can use but what changes do you feel basically?

S

sportrider

a power commander is used to add fuel where you need it through the power curve. in theory adding a pipe and aftermarket high flow air cleaner can make your bike run lean. personally my bike is stock so I don't know the actual benefits you'd get from a PC. as far as feel goes I don't really know that either I've never rode a modified FZ6 for comparison.

GAH

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06' that I've put Scorpion exhaust and a K&N air filter on. I've emailed the Power Commander web site about which one to get, the 'California' model or the 'Race' only model and they will only say that the 'Race' only model is for 'Race only', although the maps are the same for both. Whats the thought here?

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have an '06' that I've put Scorpion exhaust and a K&N air filter on. I've emailed the Power Commander web site about which one to get, the 'California' model or the 'Race' only model and they will only say that the 'Race' only model is for 'Race only', although the maps are the same for both. Whats the thought here?

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but how is your bike running with the pipes and filter and no tune? Have you noticed any difference in smoothness of the engine, or in fuel ecconomy?