Buell headlight - wiring advice needed

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
For those who have installed the Buell headlight: what connector was used to wire it up to the FZ6? Thanks.

This is the male part Buell connector from the headlight. Has any one found and used the other half (female) or snipped it off and used a different one to connect to the FZ6 harness?

Last edited:

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm changing the question to try and get responses:

For those who have installed any brand of headlight: what connector was used to wire it up to the FZ6? Thanks.

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
FazerNYC,
I have the buell headlight on my bike. I had to cut the connector off and use aftermarket quick wire splicing devices to connect it to the wiring harness. I forget the ones that I used, but I've had no problems with them so far. Another option is to sodder the wires together once the connector is cut off, but I was lacking those skills.
Here's how it turned out:

armystrong-albums-armystrong-album-picture2288-newly-naked-2.jpg

urbanj

Reaction score
Visit site
You can look into using weatherpack or deutsch connectors. cut off both oem ones and make it look pro. If I go naked thats what I'm doing.

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
I stripped all the wires and used butt splices to connect them. Thats one way to do it. I doubt that youll find the perfect adapter between fz6 sockets and buell. There is a whole thread with lots of good advice about this, that i started on the SBN forums. Check it out if you dont wanna wait here.

RUZ

Reaction score
Visit site
I pulled the wires and terminals out of the stock plug. There is a barb on the terminals that has to be bent in to get the terminal out. Then just plugged them into the Buell light.

FazerNYC

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I thought that heat would be issue (i.e. the connector may melt) but I guess not. I just ordered the connector shown below from this site: Sealed