Last day in NH - ride to the ocean

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
My friend Michele and I arrived here Wednesday, did a track day on Thursday and rode with Reiobard, Keira, FZ1inNH and DennisinNH on Friday. Today we decided we would go to see the ocean. I mapped a route the old fashioned way.........by asking Keira for a good road to ride and breaking out a real paper map. I decided to take Route 4 to Route 1 in Portsmouth which brought us to Rte 1a. What a great twisty road - just wish it wasn't a holiday with lots of cages! We stopped at the second pull off to get some pics:

View attachment 18922

View attachment 18923

Then we continued down to Hampton Beach whch was a zoo but it had a very pretty view:

View attachment 18925

View attachment 18926

View attachment 18928

Of course we were there a couple of hours when it decided to rain, so we put our rain gear on AGAIN and continued down through Salisbury, MA to Route 1 North then to Route 101 West and that is when it really started to pour! Fortunately it was short lived and we merged onto I-93 North ending up back in Concord for dinner.

View attachment 18929

View attachment 18930

View attachment 18931

View attachment 18932

Tomorrow will meet up with Reiobard, Keira and FZ1inNH to join up with a group for a ride to VT where we will stop for lunch. After lunch Michele and I will leave the group to go home. It has been a very fun and eventful trip. NH is beautiful and I look forward to coming back again to see more (and do a track day when it is dry!).

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish we'd known that you were headed to the beach! Michele and I were there on the bikes today. Norm and two of his friends came to my house today and we rode back to Norm's place in MA for a short visit. We then took back roads all the way home to Dover. Great ride!

Yes, the cages on 1a are torture here, especially on weekends. But, glad you had a good ride today with the exception of the rain. We were lucky enough to make it back home, yet again, before the skies opened up!

Great pics and I will see you all in the morning!

Last edited:

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you had a great day! Awesome pictures, i really love the ones of downtown Concord, it makes me miss living there a little bit.

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like you had a great day! Awesome pictures, i really love the ones of downtown Concord, it makes me miss living there a little bit.

+1 Yeah, it was great having you come visit, i'm glad you enjoyed yourselves. I always feel a bit nostalgic showing people around Concord....it kinda feels like home still....

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish we'd known that you were headed to the beach! Michele and I were there on the bikes today. Norm and two of his friends came to my house today and we rode back to Norm's place in MA for a short visit. We then took back roads all the way home to Dover. Great ride!

Yes, the cages on 1a are torture here, especially on weekends. But, glad you had a good ride today with the excpetion of the rain. We were lucky enough to make it back home, yet again, before the skies opened up!

Great pics and I will see you all in the morning!

As I've said before, it's my "go to" ride. Too bad we couldn't all have met for that one but I did get lucky meeting Eric and Michele. Nice report!

Last edited: