Yet another great WI ride!

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The weather threatened rain all am, but after finally deciding the clouds weren't going to do anything substantial, we set off for a variation on one of our favorite rides.

We hit the ridges just behind our house, took them through a series of small towns to ride along the Kickapoo River at Wildcat Mountain State Park. The roads were wonderfully twisty and the weather held great. Along the way, we drove past the Westby ski jump - there is both a large hill and a small hill. Every winter they hold competitions and if my memory serves me right - even get olympic calibre folks competing there. Quite the sight to see. Sorry to say that our bikes didn't make it in the ski jump picts - the spot we stopped was very soft and I didn't trust the bike on the soft ground.

Hopefully tomorrow we will be heading off to Prairie du Chien to do the Great River Road north to La Crosse and then home.

New bike already has over 500 miles on it! :D

P.S. Had to add a pict of the two FZ6's - aren't they pretty? :Flash:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just read Peter Egan's latest article about it finally thawing out enough in WI to ride, glad you had a good time!
I'm on my third tank of gas this 4th weekend so far, still with Sunday to go! :rockon:

EDIT: And yes, two FZ-6's are much prettier than one! :thu:

creekbed

Reaction score
Visit site
The two bikes look like long lost friends. I went to the jump compition last winter and Wisconsin folks know how to party out side even in winter. Perhaps I will see you out and about today when I ride up the river valley, have a good ride!