Meguire PlastX lens cleaner WORKS!!

saveitk

Reaction score
Visit site
All I have to say is wow! I used it on my wife's Honda today and IT WORKED! It's a simple application too.. no sanding, no extraneous buffing.. just squeeze it on an applicator and rub it in! It just plain works well! Not sure if any of you have oxidized lenses on your bikes or cars, but if you do, consider getting some of this! I'm impressed! (I taped off the painted surfaces, just FYI).

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G12310-PlastX-Plastic-Cleaner/dp/B0000AY3SR/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=automotive&qid=1246576391&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Meguiar's G12310 PlastX Clear Plastic Cleaner and Polish -10 oz.: Automotive[/ame]

XTRAWLD

Reaction score
Visit site
I've used this stuff for years on my cars, which IMO go through more punishment than the bike. I have found that it works well for cleaning, preventing caked on bugs, and reduces light scratches/swirls, but you really need some elbow grease to make it work on anything that's a little deeper. I ended up having to buy a headlight restoration kit from 3M to bring my headlights back to their glory days. The damage of 8 years of UV on the headlights were too much for Meguires to take care of. But general wash and wax days it is sufficient for use.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
I've always used Plexus, originally designed for aircraft use, and have had great success with it. Every bike shop has Plexus in various size aerosol cans. Looks like this product is similar.