All four turn indicators not working...

Mdubs86

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone, I have recently acquired a 2005 FZ6 and it is great. The only problem it had was a cracked front upper from falling over in garage. I just repaired it this weekend and hooked everything back up but now none of my turn signals will work. My guess would be a fuse but I am not sure. Thanks for any help.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Yeah I would check fuse first.

Did you only fiddle withthe front signals and now none of the signals (front and back) are not working? If so it sounds like a blown fuse or possible a flasher relay.

Mdubs86

Reaction score
Visit site
All I did was unplug the front turn signals when removing the front upper. I have never touched the rears. Where would the relay be located?

S

sportrider

someone will correct me if I'm wrong but I think is located in the left side pod.

stalocjp

Reaction score
Visit site
You're right sportrider. I had the same thing happen to my recently acquired 05. The relay is in the left side pod. There is a snap on connector that most likely fell off when your bike fell over. Unfortunately for me, that wasn't the issue with my bike and I had to run a new circuit from the fuse. If you check the connector and that's not it. I did post the process I used to find my problem on another thread - here's the link:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-technical/682-turn-signalss-hazards-dont-work.html

Last edited:

Dannyfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have just fitted a tail tidy with led indicators and number plate light. When I wired up the light it worked but after a few minutes its stopped all together but as well all four indicators have stopped and so have my side lights. It looks like its a flasher module???? Has anyone had this before???? Thanks

YZF73

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I have just fitted a tail tidy with led indicators and number plate light. When I wired up the light it worked but after a few minutes its stopped all together but as well all four indicators have stopped and so have my side lights. It looks like its a flasher module???? Has anyone had this before???? Thanks

May be worth starting up a new thread in the electrical forum if you can't find discussion of the same fault using the search function. Should help get the attention of those in the know. :thumbup:

Yamahaboyz

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
DannyFZ6, I had a similar thing happen to me and I found that it was my Tail fuze. The plate lights were wired backwards and it blew the fuze repeatedly. I went through about 15 fuzes before I figured it out. I refused to believe I wired it wrong. silly me. The weird think was that I thought the all the lights were working for a few weeks then all of a sudden they went out. The tail fuze will impact all turn signals the tail light and the plate light. The turn signal lights on your meter may not work either.

why_not_Zoidberg?

Reaction score
Visit site
Also, there is a second fuse holder beside the main one (right side pod). Took me a bit of screwing around to realize that was the one that needed changed. I can't remember if that was for my headlight issue or my indicators though...can't hurt to check them out though.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: Re: All four turn indicators not working...

DannyFZ6, I had a similar thing happen to me and I found that it was my Tail fuze. The plate lights were wired backwards and it blew the fuze repeatedly. I went through about 15 fuzes before I figured it out. I refused to believe I wired it wrong. silly me. The weird think was that I thought the all the lights were working for a few weeks then all of a sudden they went out. The tail fuze will impact all turn signals the tail light and the plate light. The turn signal lights on your meter may not work either.

Yes. Same fuse for flasher and running light/tail circuit. Check you wiring because fuses don't wear out.:p

Sent from Moto's Droid using Tapatalk 2