Awesome Ride!!

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Haven't done this before but I really couldn't help to want to share this with you guys. I headed from Susanville, CA (my hometown) to Redding, CA (where my dad lives) yesterday. I've always just taken Hwy 44 straight here but I decided to go see the Lassen Volcanic National Park on my way down.

I took Hwy 36 from Susanville through Chester then hit Hwy 89. You immediately start gaining altitude and it starts to cool off. About 5 miles up there is a small check station where you get a pass (its only $5 for a motorcycle and its good for 7 days).

So I rode through over to Hwy 44 and wow... I can't believe I've been skipping by that my whole life, I mean I've lived about an hour away from it and never been there, I really wish I could have taken more time to enjoy it but it was getting late so I just cruised through. But I'll be sure to take more time next time.

The roads are very nice. They are clean and well maintained. The sights are amazing. Plenty of places to pull over. There is a store and plenty of interesting things the whole way through. Overall its a great ride and I highly recommend anyone in northern CA to check it out if they haven't already. Or those who might tour through the area... its worth the $5 no doubt.

I have some pictures and you'll have to bear with me they aren't the best, they were taken with my phone but they give you kind of an idea of what its like. They don't really do the park justice. No pictures can.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
Beautiful looking area. Does that lake still have ice on it? What was the max altitude/altitude gain?:thumbup::thumbup:

lattin25

Reaction score
Visit site
Just rode through it again going the other way. The ice and snow is starting to melt away quickly.... also alot more people around. Still a great ride nonetheless!! Elevation up around 8000 ft I think.

Ghost Weim

Time to ride!!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow - beautiful picts! You should submit for BOM.

Isn't it funny how we never explore the treasures right in our own backyard and think we have to travel a great distance to see anything worth while?