Fair price for a new FZ6 in California

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey gang,

I am on the verge of buying a new FZ6. I live in Los Angeles, CA.

Thus far the best price I can find is $7k OTD, including all taxes, licensing, etc. Is this a good price or should I crack some salesman's head and try to get them down a bit?

I think it's funny that you rarely see a thread that talks directly and exclusively about this topic ...

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
I was shopping around recently for a black '08 and here is the best I got (in LA):

OTD Yamaha <[email protected]>
=> best offer was $6999 OTD

Also, for an '07 I got an offer from Kevin Knight <[email protected]>, at California, Honda, Yamaha, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Can-Am, Sea-Doo, Sea-Doo Sport, Zieman, motorcycle, dirt bike, Atv, scooter, utility-vehicle, watercraft, boat, trailer, dealer, Long Beach Motorsports
=> 2007 for $6199.00 OTD (both blue and red in stock... and he is trying to get rid of them to make room for the '08)

I finally got a used '06 with 5k miles, scorpions exhaust & the R6 fork mod for $4600 :D

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Wavex, thanks for the tip! I am very close to Long Beach, and I would gladly take either the red or blue 07. I will have to swing by there this weekend!

:Sport:

W

wrightme43

Its only 800 more for the Black. Think about it. Its black. I am trying to keep myself from having mine painted black, with copper metallic clear coat ghost flames.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I don't get the hype over the black. I like the nice bright red or blue color of the '07's personally. When I looked at an FZ1, I didn't like the black, and wish they made one in the bright blue or red.

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
BLACK FTW!!! :D

I am getting my gas tank plus custom headlight fairing painted black this wkd :rockon:
Everything for $250

I also have the TCP seat cowl in black on order... along with the black Puig Bellypan... oh yah

Black side covers are already on the bike.

:Sport: