Trackday! 8/8/09

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
at Willow Springs - Streets of Willow. Group B (intermediate).

Ti2TT | 8 August 2009 @ Streets of Willow Springs

StreetLg.gif

few spots left! anyone interested sign up and we'll have a blast :rockon:

Last edited:

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow...gonna be hot that day. Our lowest high this week was 100F in the shade. I did my first trackday on a cooling August 30th at 103F and 120F on the black top.

Gonna need a bed? Nate? Rob? Anybody else?

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I like to ride hard covered in sweat :D thanks Louis but I think I'll have to wake up early this time... my wife is very pregnant if you see what I mean :)

Nate, figure it out! U-Haul is your friend.......................

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
She's welcome to sleep & hang out in our well AC'd house.

Nate, I might be able to meet you halfways and trailer you the rest of the way. Say Paso Robles (I actually have a coworker that lives there).

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Am I going to have to drive out there again???? :D

The map makes it look tiny when compared to turn 8!

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Am I going to have to drive out there again???? :D

The map makes it look tiny when compared to turn 8!

Pete, if you do that again you'll be my hero forever :D:rockon: and yes, this is a very tight technical track... pretty much the opposite of Big Willow :)

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
I almost want to take the Buell out there... that track looks so small and tight that I think the Buell's monster torque would be perfect!! But crashing the Buell would suck big time... hmmm decisions...

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I started a ride share request thread on my local forum.

Louis, you're the man, again, but that won't work for me as my FZ6 is not street legal when prepped for the track and my track tires would die on the highway.

Comon bro! $125 won't kill you! :D

How great it would be if the true cost was really only $125.

I almost want to take the Buell out there... that track looks so small and tight that I think the Buell's monster torque would be perfect!! But crashing the Buell would suck big time... hmmm decisions...

I vote GIXXER

Last edited:

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
Well guys, looks like I'm sitting this one out too, I have friends visiting from out of town that weekend.

Considering selling the ZX at this point, John are you still looking??

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
dude you suck! :D Plus it's your favorite track! Tell your friends to come the weekend after....

How much for the ZX? If John is not interested I may have someone else who would be...

mostro

Previous FZ6'er
Reaction score
Visit site
dude you suck! :D Plus it's your favorite track! Tell your friends to come the weekend after....

How much for the ZX? If John is not interested I may have someone else who would be...

I know, i know... unfort they already got plane tix, and it seems no matter what weekend , there is something going on. looks like i'll need to win the lottery soon so i can quit working!

we can take it offline, i'll hit you up on email or phone about the bike. i'm still on the fence anyway.

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Almost done fixing the fiber glass on the gixxer... man that sh*t is MESSY!!!! and I think I put too much resin hardener in that first batch because the mixture settled in like 10minutes LOL... half the pot got hard before I could apply it to the fairing :rof:

2nd try should work better...

Anyway, anyone interested by this? There are still spots available in the B and C groups (intermediate and novice)!
If you live in LA/Orange County, but don't want to put your bike on the track, you could also make a ride out of it through the Angeles Crest Forest (ACH) and ride up to the track to hang out for a bit :)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Almost done fixing the fiber glass on the gixxer... man that sh*t is MESSY!!!! and I think I put too much resin hardener in that first batch because the mixture settled in like 10minutes LOL... half the pot got hard before I could apply it to the fairing :rof:

2nd try should work better...

Anyway, anyone interested by this? There are still spots available in the B and C groups (intermediate and novice)!
If you live in LA/Orange County, but don't want to put your bike on the track, you could also make a ride out of it through the Angeles Crest Forest (ACH) and ride up to the track to hang out for a bit :)

Temps will effect that stuff...

ZRXINLA

formerly red06fz6
Reaction score
Visit site

Great idea Wavex! I might be able to come up with you guys as a spectator. I'm going to try to clear my schedule for that time and I will keep watching this thread for updates. :rockon:

Wavex

Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet! so 2 potential riders so far... I hope you guys can make it... you should try to meet up somewhere and ride up together!

I know Cali_Rider is still on the fence about putting his FZ6 on the track, but if he is not, he might want to ride up with you guys as well :)