swapping harley for fz6...

Jyoumb

Reaction score
Visit site
and i cannot wait. i like harley, but i don't like the greasy tough guy thing, and i never fit in. fishing shirts and boat shoes are not the accepted sartorial swag. i want a light, inline four with a realistic driving posture with stellar performance and, to disassociate myself from the chromed-out sheeple mentality. how many lone wolves can there possibly be? and if they all espouse the lone wolf thing, why do they all run in huge migrating packs?

i have owned v-twins, v-fours, triples, and thumpers. kinda weird never having owned the most popular configuration.

have any of you guys ever felt silly on your harley?

S

sportrider

nope. I originally bought my Sportster for the utilitarian purposes and for the fact that I wanted a new (not new to me) Motorcycle. for the price the 883 has alot more then the competition in the "cruiser" market. the insurance premiums was a factor in my purchase also. I've ridden for years I've only been Legal (license) since 04. no License and a sportbike can make for some expensive premiums for the first few years. I never felt silly on the H-D, I just found that the way I prefer to ride the limited ground clearance was holding me back. and even with the performance mods A.K.A. the Harley tax for you H-D riders who know, that bike would never be what I really wanted. I do miss it on ocassion but after I bought the FZ6 I didn't think it was right to only ride it once in a while to charge up the battery, so I sold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wrightme43

I think that is a wonderful decision. LOL
Welcome Welcome glad your here.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
nope not sill at all.... I still have it and the FZ6.

I like em both for different reasons... as for the charades.. I do not bother

I am a financial planner and not likely to be mistaken for a Bad azz biker any time soon.

Jyoumb

Reaction score
Visit site
do you ever miss the macho character? i like the rumbling beast...but it really does feel slow. it's just another time in my life, i guess. maybe i'm getting younger?! okay, maybe i'm feeling younger.

Mart Man FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Never felt silly on my HD. I do miss the bike on ocassion as it was a really comfortable bike for long rides. I even made one of those "motivational posters" with a photo of my bike:
HarleyMotivational.jpg

I am really glad to have the FZ6 now. I love the handling, braking, power, and I'm getting used to the comfort (seat sucks so I just stand on the pegs while riding to releive the butt) and have put about 5500 miles on it in 5 months. I had the HD for just over 2 years, and only had 5600 miles on it. The sad thing is, I could have 3 FZ6's for what the HD cost. I sold my HD in April and the wife felt sorry for me not having a bike so she and the kids got me the FZ6 for Fathers Day. Best FD present I ever got.

I may actually look more silly on the FZ, because I still wear the shorty helmet and often have a Harley t-shirt on. I was going to get rid of all the HD shirts when I sold my bike, but my wife said that was stupid.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
ocean+Harley

I don't miss it ... I still have and ride it ... It not fast anymore :p but it is still fun to cruise and have the tunes on and a full fairing when it is cool out

for a bigger pic click on the blog link in my sigmature

H

HavBlue

I have never been a fan of the cruiser/bagger scene and being treated like a redheaded step child has gotten to be normal while owning the Sporties. Heck, even the mainstream Harley folks call it a girls bike. Funny, I've seen more women of Dyna and Softail models than I have ever seen on the Sporties. I don't have the lean angle issues with my Roadster and the suspension is fully adjustable both front and rear but it didn't come that way. I bought the Sporty in June of 2004 and then, because of a picture on the cover of Cycle World magazine, purchased the FZ6 28 days later in July of 2004. In my view I have the best of both worlds and enjoy them both very much. It just wouldn't seem right to lose either one...

ejdtm

Reaction score
Visit site
It just goes to show ya, you really need to own 5 bikes. I've owned a 03 Bandit 1200,(great power) Then a HD Deuce with a lot of motor work, 100 hp 100 tq. I just bought an FZ6. not sure if it will be enough power compared to my past bikes, but it will sure be a lot lighter.

H

HavBlue

It just goes to show ya, you really need to own 5 bikes. I've owned a 03 Bandit 1200,(great power) Then a HD Deuce with a lot of motor work, 100 hp 100 tq. I just bought an FZ6. not sure if it will be enough power compared to my past bikes, but it will sure be a lot lighter.

To me it's not about power or speed but more along the liones of a different kind of fun. Each bike has its own attributes and depending on the kind of day I want to have I may take one over the other. Different tools for different jobs...