Another approach at mounting a light...

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
This based on a year old thread at sbn....you can read the words there but i'll post the pics here....along with what I'm currently doing...

Got some updated pics with a zip tie mock up. The design has already changed slightly form these pic as I'm adding 4 more brackets to stabilize vertically & horizontally. I need to drill a hole thru two of the brackets that will stabilize horizontally. Eventually, all the brackets will get painted black.

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
WOW all this for a light...Cool. At the end of the day it will look really nice. Never seen it like this before. Yeah def post finished pics.

oso2k

Reaction score
Visit site
WOW all this for a light...Cool. At the end of the day it will look really nice. Never seen it like this before. Yeah def post finished pics.

All of what? The rubber bracket/"fairing stay" are from the Acerbis Enduro I bought cheap last year (~$55 I think), I bought a left-side 04-06 R1 projector assembly for something like $65, and then extracted it, bought ~$10 in brackets, nuts & washers from Home Depot.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
All of what? The rubber bracket/"fairing stay" are from the Acerbis Enduro I bought cheap last year (~$55 I think), I bought a left-side 04-06 R1 projector assembly for something like $65, and then extracted it, bought ~$10 in brackets, nuts & washers from Home Depot.

Excellent! Great way to achieve a unique mod at a reasonable expense. I am looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Jinx

Reaction score
Visit site
What are you going to do with all the empty space up front?

With that light, almost would make me wanna do a tri-light setup. One pointing way down at the road and then above it, have two for the standard headlights. I do like the light though!