Naked conversion/headlight

and1zeuss

Reaction score
Visit site
I am looking to make my 05 FZ6 naked. I really like the mt-03 yamaha headlight. Has anyone done this conversion? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Also will be looking to sell my front cowls/headlights (silver) if someone is interested.

and1zeuss

Reaction score
Visit site
No accident, the front end plastics and lights are mint... just like the naked look better. Picked up the bike last week and am already itching to make it my own,, and can use the funds to customize as most of the bike is stock.

and1zeuss

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the link... I did see this and am ready to buy.... just want to know if this can be done easily and how... Dont want to have my bike apart for too long.

Anyone done this headlight conversion??

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
looks like the mount bracket attaches to the lower triple so you would either A) have to modify your lower triple or B) use some sort of clamp to attach the side brackets to your forks.... im sure there a few other options but without seeing the actual headlight its hard to say

and1zeuss

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks,,, it can be done... must find someone who has done it. Dont want to have to wait for an ordered part to come in. Love the headlight unit... I dont think I can wait till winter, but dont want to be without my bike for long. As soon as I take her apart it'll stop raining. :Flip:

Yamaha FZs..... 85-94 - Custom Fighters - Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum

look at the orange bike he has fork clamps near the top of light i would say try to do something like this

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
the headlight shouldnt take long to put on no more that 2 hours tops the last time i swapped headlights it took me roughly 20 minutes

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
Isn't this the MT-03 light in this kit? You may be able to fab up some kind of mounting system similar to this if you don't want to buy the kit outright. It's similar (or the same) as the one on the orange bike linked to at the customfighters forum.

I think the cost of the setup is what has prevented more people from doing the conversion using this kit.

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
yeah the lsl kit is the same as the mt03 headlight ... earlier i posted a much cheaper place to buy one its 153euros if i remember right ..... its such a good looking light

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed. If it doesn't cost too much to ship to the States (I assume that part is coming from Europe), that seems like the way to go.

and1zeuss

Reaction score
Visit site
thanks, I did see this already... it's alot more expensive from LSL than from Yamaha. Problem I see is that the MT-03 doesnt include a mounting system/bracket.

Isn't this the MT-03 light in this kit? You may be able to fab up some kind of mounting system similar to this if you don't want to buy the kit outright. It's similar (or the same) as the one on the orange bike linked to at the customfighters forum.

I think the cost of the setup is what has prevented more people from doing the conversion using this kit.