Greetings from West Yorkshire

Mark85

Hairy Faced Idiot
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there
I'm Mark, I've just passed my test, and invested in a new FZ6 Fazer. It looks pretty sexy in autumn orange, and I'm off to pick it up next saturday morning.

Just wondering if any of you could give me any advice if there are any must-do mods that I should be considering for my bike, or if anyone is from the bradford/leeds/west yorkshire area, and fancies going out and about, let me know!

Cheers
Mark

huxy

Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations on your new FZ6 Mark. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. It was my first big bike too and has taken me from just passing my test to.... ooo this thing is a bit fast :rockon:

For Mods there are no end of them, but these are the ones most people do.

1. Headlight mod. You see how one of the lights is out when on low beam. Daryl has made a harness that makes both come on. Very easy to do and he'll ship you the bits all made up.

http://www.600riders.com/forum/how-tos/1666-bd43s-07-headlight-mod-part-2-a.html

2. Brake lines. I changed the stock ones to braided ones from HEL. You get much more positive braking. Not noticable to start with when you're still getting the hang of the bike and braking gently, but when you start to "make progress" these make things much nicer.

3. Levers. You can adjust the brake lever but not the clutch. One word. Pazzos. They're not cheap but they are really really really nice.

4. For convenience, having a cigarette lighter mounted on the bike allows you to charge your phone, run your GPS etc, using standard adaptors you probably already have for the car.

There's loads more. Pictures and writeups of mine are at Hux's Bike Blog if you want to see before and afters along with how I did the mods.

Use the search button at the top of the FZ6 forum page too as there are loads of very helpful people on here who have written up "how to" guides.

Happy biking!!!

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: to the Forum Mark, looking forward to the pics :thumbup:

My parents live in Leeds but I only come over to visit (in the car).

Ride safe and post lots :thumbup:

Mac fz6n

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from :aus:

This is the best forum you will find, just keep one hand on your wallet :eek: or you'll go mod crazy.

Loads of good people with great advice/stories to learn from.

Ride safe and post often :thumbup:

Also: :needpics: ( when you pick up your ride )

Mac.
:aus: :aus: