Yamaha Comfort Seat

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
http://www.yamaha-motor.com/sport/a...ail/5/430/1795/15909/all/1/6933/0/detail.aspx

Does anyone here have this? If so do you like it? I want to buy it with my new bike, but I would like to hear someones input on it before purchase. I am used to my little ninjette seat so anything will be a improvement. LOL

The seat supposedly comes with a extra layer of gel in the seat and a upgraded fabric cover.
Thanks
Steve

In another FZ6 forum, we have several members who bought this. They said it is a firmer seat but wider with eased corners so it eliminates the pressure points and gives you a wider place to sit. It appears to be a Corbin style seat and nearly the same price. Fit's an '07 without nodification. '04 - '06 you will need to take the rear bracket off the original seat and srew it on to this new seat. They have all said even though it is a more firm foam, it is more comfortable... a lot less numb legs... Hope this helps!!

-Eric

W

wrightme43

Here it is next to the stock seat, and installed on the bike. It seems better in comort rating, but the fit is not as good as the stock seat. You can see past it in the tank area, and the back part of the seat sits up off the rear of the body.

W

wrightme43

It is harder than the new stock seat. It is narrower than the stock at the front.
I went 150miles on it today. It seems to hold more body heat or transfer more exhaust heat. It does let me flat foot the bike though. I was on the balls of both feet before.
I like it, and think it will wear in and be nice after a while.

gmickey2001

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seat Cowl

Anybody have a seat cowl to cover up passenger portion?

I am interested in this but have only found one available online and it seems quite expensive.

Thanks.

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Boneman has it. Check out the FZ6 Mods section. I've only been able to find it on a Yamaha website. Too expensive for my blood at this time.

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
It is harder than the new stock seat. It is narrower than the stock at the front.
I went 150miles on it today. It seems to hold more body heat or transfer more exhaust heat. It does let me flat foot the bike though. I was on the balls of both feet before.
I like it, and think it will wear in and be nice after a while.

How is the seat? Is it more comfortable after putting some miles on it?

W

wrightme43

Yes it is getting much better. Still hard though, but getting better. I like it.
I did 330 miles on it yesterday.

OrangevaleFJR

R.I.P. Our FJR Riding Friend
Reaction score
Visit site
is the seat pan the same plastic as the stock seat?

The firmness is something that is a bit against intuition, but I find firm much more comfortable over long distances that squishy foam.

My Corbin seat for the FJR also transfers heat much more than the stock seat. The Pre 06 FJRs are well known for their heat issues so it seems we have two bikes like that...go figure...you put high performance motors between your legs and you feel some heat! :D

W

wrightme43

The seat pan looks a little different. Not alot but its noticable.
The heat issue is ok, just more noticable with vented summer gear. Its probley going to be very hot come the 100 degree days with full gear. Lots and lots of water to drink, and pour on myself.
Hope you, and your wife are having as much fun with your FZ as I am.
Steve

bcityroller

Gear Whore
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to bring up an old topic but curious if there's any more feedback on how these have broken in for people. Understand from other things I've read that Corbins and the like can take hundreds of miles before they're totally broken in. The Yamaha upgrade is still a lot more comfortable than stock I presume. Trying to sort out it the $75 or so savings compared to a Corbin is worth it.

Definitely would be nice to upgrade - on my last long trip I traded bikes with a co-rider for a stint (my FZ for his Duc ST4 with upgraded suspension). I think we were both happy to trade back. I complained about how stiff his bike was - he complained about how hard the seat is and how quiet the exhaust is.

W

wrightme43

I still like the seat. 350 mile ride the other day. I was sore and tired of riding when I got home, but it wasnt unbearable.

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
It is narrower than the stock at the front.
It does let me flat foot the bike though. I was on the balls of both feet before.

That's an attractive "extra" that goes with the Comfort Seat....I'm 5'8" and have a 29" inseam (British Standard Size :p )...do you think I would notice a difference at stops with my foot on the ground?
I don't find the standard seat that uncomfortable, quite honestly, but if the Comfort Seat gives me "longer legs", then I'll go for it. :thumbup:

W

wrightme43

I am 5'8" 32" inseam.
It helps quite a bit, it is very noticeable.

CMHrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Corbin makes a seat for the FZ6. I comes with a removal back rest for a passenger. Has anyone tried/bought this?

wagontrain

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought an 07 and the wife has already requested a bakrest at any cost. Corbin does not have an 07 FZ6 specced yet. Since you have experience with 07 and pre 07 seats, will the 04-06 spec seat fit the 07 exactly?