Pilot Powers 2ct, Front & Rear Sprocket & Chain

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Racer's Edge Las Vegas NV

Purchased new Michellin's Pilot Power's 2CT's, mounted and balanced. Also had them replace my stock chain, front & rear sprocket which had 29,037 miles. Previous 2CT's that were replaced had 15,702 miles. Had a nail in the rear tire so it was replaced sooner than I wanted.

Front Tire $125.00 USD
Rear Tire $155.00 USD
Labor including front, rear sprocket & chain replacement $80.00 USD

Total OTD $383.00 USD including tax, labor, tires.

RX 530 Chain $106.39 purchased at Cycle Gear
Vortex Rear Aluminum Sprocket $47.99 purchased at Cycle Gear
Sunstar Front Steel Sprocket $19.99 purchased at Cycle Gear

Pictures of what my sprocket and chain looked like after 29,000 miles.

Last edited:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the pic of the rear tire with 15,702 miles, it was manufactured back on the 20th week of 2007, purchased on March of '08.

Now I have a set of fresh tires that were manufactured in the 10th week of 2009. About 3 month old.

skyjake

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's the pic of the rear tire with 15,702 miles, it was manufactured back on the 20th week of 2007, purchased on March of '08.

Now I have a set of fresh tires that were manufactured in the 10th week of 2009. About 3 month old.

If you didn't have the nail in the tire, how many more miles do you think you would have gotten? On my Honda VTX 1300, I barely got 8K miles on front tire before I had to replace it. I was told by Honda that you are lucky to get 10-12K on stock tires.

What is the average time on stock tires for the FZ6? I wouldn't have thought you would get 15K.

Thanks,

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you didn't have the nail in the tire, how many more miles do you think you would have gotten? On my Honda VTX 1300, I barely got 8K miles on front tire before I had to replace it. I was told by Honda that you are lucky to get 10-12K on stock tires.

What is the average time on stock tires for the FZ6? I wouldn't have thought you would get 15K.

Thanks,

I definately could have gotten at least 16,000 miles and probably 17,000 if I restricted my riding to commuting. Even though my tires were not even three years old, I could feel that they were losing it's grip.

Now I can go hit the twisties again. And once again, those 15,702 miles included a lot of twisties in Southern California. Palomar Mountain, Big Bear Lake, Topanga and Malibu Canyon, lots of runs down the drag strip at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway.

jlsmith411

Reaction score
Visit site
DANG! I wish my Pilot Powers lasted like yours. I barely got 3k miles outta mine and I rode till there was no tread in the middle.... Do you ride hard in the twisties or just cruise?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
Im curious as to why you went with an aluminum rear sprocket? It wont last near as long as a steel one. But with you...maybe it will.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just called Discount Motorcycle Tire in Houston (Pasadena) and they quoted me 380 installed for the P. Road 2's. I think I'm going for it. Well as soon as I break the news to the wife.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
just to know... what where your times on the drag strip?? mph ect.

and i just orderd the pr 2's for the tiger and it looks like i will be about 350 said and done.. so i guess i'm getting a decent price..

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I've seen Kenny ride on a few occassions now and he's pretty smooth through the corners, which helps with his tire wear since he isn't having to get on and off the throttle/brakes so hard as a more novice rider.