Best Gas Mileage on the Highway

wheelwatcher

Reaction score
Visit site
What's the best gas milage you've received while riding on the highway? Please indicate how fast you were riding and whether you got this mileage riding solo or two-up. If possible, list both figures for comparison (e.g. 58mpg solo, 53 mpg with passenger at 70mpg).

W

wrightme43

Good deal, glad you got it working.

I gave up on tracking it. Almost all of my riding is two up now, its pretty bad now.
Something like 150-175 miles to 3.8-4.1 gallons. 35-45 mpg or so.
Just depends.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
B

Bo67

I peaked at 49 MPG in the hottest part of the summer. Ambient temp ~100 degrees, solo riding, steady 75 MPH on the interstate.
I'm getting worse mileage now that the weather is colder. Averaging 43 MPG riding the same route.

DrBart2

Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't checked mine. I don't believe it will be very good. I use my FZ6 to go back and forth to work mostly. I live one mile from work. I probably use more fuel starting and warming up my bike than I do actually driving it to work and back!! I will have to start checking it.

S

sportrider

I average 42MPG solo @ 95MPH. never really ran a whole tank at 70MPH. I've gotten 55MPG but that was just cruising and that was solo also.I haven't noticed a big change riding 2 up, but normally the speeds are a lot slower and I don't accelerate as hard.