ICON Boots what you think?

S

sm00thpapa

I'm a noob and need some boots. Found these for $59.99 what you all think?

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Boots can be a tough buy. I encourage you to go to a local shop(s) and try on different pair, different brands and styles. I've had to go through many to find one that fits at all. And when I did find it, and wore them out, I ordered another pair only to discover they changed manufacturers so the style waas different and they did not fit.

If these fit, they are pretty good! See if you can find somewhere local to try them on.

S

sm00thpapa

Boots can be a tough buy. I encourage you to go to a local shop(s) and try on different pair, different brands and styles. I've had to go through many to find one that fits at all. And when I did find it, and wore them out, I ordered another pair only to discover they changed manufacturers so the style waas different and they did not fit.

If these fit, they are pretty good! See if you can find somewhere local to try them on.

I plan on doing that, but you always get better prices online. Right now I'm just wearing some Timberlands to ride.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
those look good and ICON has come a ong way in their gear line in the past few years, Go try them on and if they feel good then you can;t really go wrong for that price. Also they look like they are practical enough to walk around in as opposed to having to bring extra shoes with you if you plan on riding to somewhere that you have to walk at.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I say get some that go higher up your leg and offer bone-breaking/twisting protection. $60 bucks is very temping, but an ER visit is typically over $100 even w/ good insurance.

Just saying. Good luck.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I say get some that go higher up your leg and offer bone-breaking/twisting protection. $60 bucks is very temping, but an ER visit is typically over $100 even w/ good insurance.

Just saying. Good luck.

I totally agree with this. I also realize than that you might be aiming at this type of boot because you may commute and also wear it as a work shoe and a full on boot might not be in the picture. If you're set on this type of boot Thor makes a boot called a 50 50. Here's a link and they come in three colors. As far as all day comfort, they're great!

2009 Thor 50/50 Boots - Boots Online at MotoSport

S

sm00thpapa

Well I want the best protection I can get. I already had right knee surgery and a spinal fusion (Titanium plate and screws in my neck). And about to have left shoulder surgery. I have been told by many that I have no business riding a bike. But I say life goes on and I want to do it, so be it.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
When I say go try them on locally, I didn't mean to buy them there... just test fit and then run home and order them online. :D

That's a lot of damage to ride a bike, but I sort of feel the same as you... live for today my friend!

Nate is right though. A higher boot with shin guards, ankle struts and stiff insteps will save a lot of pain if you have an off!

audible

Hear Me?
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking at the Thor 50/50 in the wheat (tan) color (2010 model). The black is good but the red buckle throws me. The wheat looks like a construction boot...kind of cool. Anyone know of pictures with someone actually wearing the wheat ones???????

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the older version of the Thor 50-50 and they are very comfortable.

Once I broke these in I'd forget I was wearing them. I usually wear Icon leg armor under my jeans(when I can't wear leather) so can't wear my A* boots and wear the 50-50's. They're great.
Of course that's my feet. All of us are different except when it comes to wearing decent footwear that will stay on if ever needed.

Cliff