Looking for oppinions on gear

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Ok so I have been putting off getting boots and pants for a while now but I decided it's time (it's not worth the risk not wearing). A lot of the boots and pants out there aren't the most stylish which I KNOW is not what’s important but hey I'm human. I found these boots & pants which I like because they are a little more "discrete". Does anyone have any experience with this type of gear? Does it offer adequate protection?

Shift Racing Fuel Street Shoes - Street Bike - Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore

Shift Racing Lodown Jeans - Street Bike - Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no experiene with that gear but I am looking for pants and boots as well so any info people have I would also appreciate

Gosling1

Take it easy Charlie. I've got an angle.
Reaction score
Visit site
Those shoes look like they have very little ankle protection. I'd stick to actual boots, Sidi, Frank Thomas, A star, Oxtar, Gaerne.

As for the pants, no idea. I have leather. I'm sure someone on here wears riding jeans (wrightme).

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
My suggestion is to get everything BLACK! Black matches everything. Dont wanna get matching red leathers, then go trade it in on a green bike!

I would NOT recomend getting anything Make specific ie: Yamaha. People will change bikes more often than youd think. If you dont care if your stuck with Yamaha leathers riding a Honda, then your fine.

Doorag

Reaction score
www.4dbrown.com
My suggestion is to get everything BLACK! Black matches everything. Dont wanna get matching red leathers, then go trade it in on a green bike!

I would NOT recomend getting anything Make specific ie: Yamaha. People will change bikes more often than youd think. If you dont care if your stuck with Yamaha leathers riding a Honda, then your fine.

+1 - the other thing to remember about black is that road grime doesn't show. Anything with any sort of color will eventually turn grey if you ride enough. Especially if you commute to work. I'll only get black gear from now on.

logan77

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the boots and have been happy with them. Super sticky bottoms and supportive ankle area. Not alot of heavy duty protection but more than a pair of Nike.

phocoyote7

Reaction score
Visit site
Own the white fuel street shoes myself, love them because I can wear them at work all day. Yeah they show a little dirt, but look good with my white pin stripe Avenger jacket. They don't offer as much support as boots do, but offer little more protection than basic shoes.

As far as the pants I saw a pair at local dealer and not much to them except they do have the kevlar on knees and I believe in the back end. I was thinking about picking up a pair myself, not sure how much more protection they will give you on a crash? I have a pair of fieldsheer pants, but feel like I'm wearing snow pants, so mostly ride in regular jeans.

08-FZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I just ordered the shoes and pants so I will write something up when I get them. I usually just wear jeans and sneakers when I am riding around town (I know I am going to get flamed for writing this). I am taking a 450 mile ride at the end of July from VA to NY and I wanted at least a little more protection. I am really going to try to wear them all the time though. I just recently got into the habit of always wearing gloves when I ride no matter what and I do always where a jacket. Anyway, this is my 1st long ride (100+ miles) and I am really looking forward to it. I will be following my wife who will be towing the trailer just in case it is too much. It is an 8+ hr drive and realistically I am shooting for riding half way & go from there.

S

sm00thpapa

Those shoes offer no ankle protection and those jeans would rip as easily as levi's. Go to leather up they have some nice cordura pants for $69.95 and there way better than those jeans.

tom5796

Fizshizzle
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a pair of Shift Torque jeans, which I like a lot for regular, around the city riding. But I never wear them without full boots (Sidi Canyon) and Icon knee/shin armor underneath which are surprisingly comfortable. And if I know the riding will be more spirited I'll revert back to my Motoport kevlar pants.