Leo Vince

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
On their way in the carbon fiber flavor. :D I can't wait for 'em to arrive, maybe Wednesday of next week, whoo hoo.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
You got it Mike. What's nice is that the Leo Vince doesn't need to have the fuel remappedd, they designed it that way.

From Leo Vince.com
"Do I have to rejet my bike or modify my fuel maps?

No. At LeoVince we ENGINEER our exhausts to be plug and play! For street bikes our slip-ons will bolt on and offer a substantial performance increase without any further work. The same holds true for our full systems. We suggest disconnecting the battery and leaving it disconnected for a few minutes after installing either pipe, then reconnecting the battery and starting the bike. This allows the ECU to reset and adjust its own air/fuel parameters based on its sensor readings. Should you want to add an air filter, change fuel maps, adjust the ECU or make other performance enhancements we suggest you invest in dyno time with a professional facility. This will ensure you only further increase the significant performance gains a LeoVince full exhaust system will give you. For dirt bikes we always recommend the stock jetting. Our pipes perform very well with stock jetting and rarely require any changes"

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
So basically they are making assumptions about your bikes ability to adjust and are saying that you don't HAVE TO but can if you WANT even more performance.

One this is for sure...they are going to sound and look sick!!!!
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS

Last edited:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I like having that option, spending 600 on an exhaust takes my "free" money so buying a PCIII isn't in the cards right now. but in the future I can and it's nice to know that with that I'll get even more out of the exhaust. :D

And yes....it's going to be sick...:evil grin:

S

sportrider

Good times!!! one of these years I've got to get some exhaust!!!!

J

jsteinb95

sweet.....maybe you can post a vid too for the sound. Photo the install process. :thumbup:

B

Bo67

Those look awesome! Please post a sound byte when you have time. I'm looking for some new cans but haven't quite made my mind up yet. Thanks.

J

jsteinb95

That looks great, but where's inbetween pics??? (installation) :thumbup:

how does it sound?

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I'll take some time to post up some install pic's tomorrow and some text along with it. I didn't get as many as I wanted to because I was busy trying to figure it out...Leo makes great pipes but ****ty directions.
Although once it's done in hind sight it's super easy.

The CF looks awesome, I'm glad I went that way rather than SS or Ti.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
That looks great, but where's inbetween pics??? (installation) :thumbup:

how does it sound?

Sounds feakin' awesome :D I'll have to use my cell phone to record the audio becuase I'm missing the cable from my cam corder to the computer. Sorry.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
All right :D pipes showed up and are installed. It took me about 2 hours to get them on (would have been quicker but the instructions that came with Leo Vince just plain sucked). Once I knew where to put everything it was a breeze to install it all and went pretty quickly. I'll post up some pic's later but I'm so happy with this purchase, they just look awesome and sound sweet.

Here is what I did for the install.

a. remove seat
b. remove rear cowl and side covers
c. remove plastic "trunk"(you have to remove screws and seat lock from the 'trunk' before it will come out.)
d. remove little plastic piece that sits on top of exhaust and behind the "truck".
e. remove bolt that holds oil reservoir (right side)
d. loosen nut that holds exhaust pipe to the frame of the bike (right side)
f. loosen nut that holds cat. pipe onto the headers.
g. remove exhaust and cat.
h. install cat elim. pipe (make sure you have it pushed on really good so the bolt that holds the pipe to the frame lines up)
i. slip on the connector pipe that goes between the cat. elim. and the exhaust and install the spring that keep it all snug.
j. slip on the right side pipe and install the spring that keeps it all snug
k. slip on the left side pipe and install the spring that keeps it all snug.
l. check for alignment, you may need to twist around either the right side pipe or the cat elim. pipe to get it all to line up correctly.
m. now install the piece that will hold the brackets that go around the pipes but not too tight, you'll have to adjust it first.
n. install the rubber gaskets on the metal rings that wrap around the pipes.
o. install either side of the rings around the pipes (there is slop between the pipes and the rings)
p. once the rings are both installed tighten the bracket that both rings are mounted to.
q. go back and tighten up the nuts/bolts between the pipes that go to the header and mount to the frame of the bike.

r. start the bike to check for leaks, once you are happy with the install put everything back on the bike and you are ready for a ride. My pipes came with two things I had to think about, one is a coat hanger looking thing and after a bit I realized that it was a tool to help you connect the springs to the proper hooks. The second was a piece that would mount to the bracket that held the rings that went around the pipes, this is used for your license plate bracket and turn signals.

Hope that all makes sense and helps someone in the future.

monkey

Reaction score
Visit site
carbon leos

Hi guys,

I am new to this forum and this is my first post actually. A have also ordered carbon leos and they arrived 30 minutes ago. I'm working now but thinking about them all the time :p I have already printed out the 19 steps guide on how to fit them posted by H8 PVMT, I can not wait to hear them out...

H8 PVMT, could you post those pics that you've done with your mobile phone, anything that might help, as I am new to motorbikes.

Btw I've got my black fz6-n since June this year, but have been riding since March last year. The first one was a scooter :) then cb500 and now fz6 and I've got to say, I love this bike so much.

Regards to everyone,

Mateusz