Dirtbike Handlebar Question

Messy

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend hates the stock handlebats on his 95 Seca II and I've been talking to him about loking into getting handlebars from a dirtbike. I don't know anything about a swap like this other than it being done all the time. What all normally has to be modified to do a swap like this other than the obvious things like taking the controls and what not off the stock bars and putting them on the new ones? Does he need a special triple tree clamp? Thanks in advance.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
My friend hates the stock handlebats on his 95 Seca II and I've been talking to him about loking into getting handlebars from a dirtbike. I don't know anything about a swap like this other than it being done all the time. What all normally has to be modified to do a swap like this other than the obvious things like taking the controls and what not off the stock bars and putting them on the new ones? Does he need a special triple tree clamp? Thanks in advance.
Dude. I'm sure there are forums just for 95 Seca II's that willl have loads of detail on how to do this! :ban: :Flip:

WarriorDog

Reaction score
Visit site
If you're just looking for some height and pullback then you could try these and not take anything loose from the stock bars. Just add the pivoting riser. I put the 3" risers on wifey's FZ6 and didn't have to change any cables or brake lines. Now the brake line was tight but it worked.
PowerMadd

Last edited:

Messy

Reaction score
Visit site
He's looking for something to give him a more agressive riding position without worrying about droping money on a clip on conversion. Right now his bars are to high, and the sweep makes it feel like first gen. bicycle handlebars.

Morcs

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ1 bars are lower arent they?

Cheap set of clip ons might be the way to go.