My Latest FZ6 Naked Conversion

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
www.nationalsuperbike.com
Hello FZ6 people... I do custom painting and conversions and thought you might like to see the 05 I just finished. Basically, it was wrecked hard and all the stuff in the front was destroyed. I was going to part it out, but I decided to go ahead and do another FZ6 conversion. At any rate, it is a great bike and looks way better naked. The paint is of course all custom and it took me quite a while to get the strobe stripes the way I wanted them. But the end result was really good.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome:

Very cool :thumbup: I like that nostalgic Bumble Bee paint scheme. Here is another version of it on the FZ1:

There is a pretty cool article associated with this picture: 2008 Yamaha FZ1 - Super Streetbike Magazine
0902_sbkp_01_z+2008_yamaha_fz1+right_side_view.jpg

abacall

Speedy recovery
Reaction score
Visit site
That is a beauty, excellent work. Love the single light. How about painting that swingarm and fork black as well?

Mexi-can't

Biker dude
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like it! The only thing I would personally change would be the headlight. I like the round, and a more modern looking headlight would really set that bike off. :thumbup:

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Very nice. I have always liked the yellow with the black stripe on it.:thumbup: Enjoy that sweet FZ6.

I did the layout and templates and then Rob at Tapeworks printed them for me. So he will have those graphics as a kit to put on any FZ6. Would probably look good on a blue bike as well. The first FZ6 I converted was themed after the old RD400 Daytona Special and it came out good as well.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello FZ6 people... I do custom painting and conversions and thought you might like to see the 05 I just finished. Basically, it was wrecked hard and all the stuff in the front was destroyed. I was going to part it out, but I decided to go ahead and do another FZ6 conversion. At any rate, it is a great bike and looks way better naked. The paint is of course all custom and it took me quite a while to get the strobe stripes the way I wanted them. But the end result was really good.
Great job. A nice blend of classic styling and modern bike pulled off well.

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site

Did you weld up a set of frame sliders? It looks as though they are part of the frame now.

-bryan

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Did you weld up a set of frame sliders? It looks as though they are part of the frame now.

-bryan

Good eyes! The right side of the frame was snapped off by the frame slider that was on it when it crashed. It also ripped the bolt out of the engine case. So I bought a set of 6061 Alum sliders off of an ebay vendor and welded the right side slider directly to the frame where it had broken and welded and tapped the hole in the engine case. So you can still drop the engine if needed, but the slider is now part of the frame. Other than that, it would have need a new frame and not been worth fixing at all. But, I like projects like this...

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good eyes! The right side of the frame was snapped off by the frame slider that was on it when it crashed. It also ripped the bolt out of the engine case. So I bought a set of 6061 Alum sliders off of an ebay vendor and welded the right side slider directly to the frame where it had broken and welded and tapped the hole in the engine case. So you can still drop the engine if needed, but the slider is now part of the frame. Other than that, it would have need a new frame and not been worth fixing at all. But, I like projects like this...

That was a pretty good idea. I figured that the frame had probabaly been damaged and that was a repair. Neat fix!

-bryan

antijoy

Reaction score
Visit site
Love it! :thumbup:

Most yellow bikes I wouldn't be caught dead on, but your I would even own. Looks great.

P.S. They look like they're naked from the factory when the headlight paint matches.

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Yes, the old 70's bikes had the headlight buckets painted to match. It really "finishes" the bike. The current trend of molding everything in black looks cheap and is cheap- that's why they do it! I've done a bunch of SV's and Monsters like this also and for something so small, it makes all the difference. Lots of pictures on my website.

speedfrk

Custom Painter
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I found out over the weekend that the red and white bike has been wrecked... not really all that much damage except for the crack in the frame at the lower part of the steering head where the lower clamp goes in. May be fixable with a really good welder, but the lower steering stem race sits up in there. It might be a really tricky thing to fix. But the guy has no options- he had no collision insurance and still owes the bank...

tonup

Reaction score
Visit site
i gotta say i really like the yellow and black paint scheme im generally not a fan of yellow but when you paint it old school yammie i just love .... sorry to hear about the other bike