Newbie in Lancaster.

Dogbad

Reaction score
Visit site
Posted in the main bit but I'll copy it here in case people only look in the U.K. bit.

Originally fromLeeds but lived many places, including Essex where I got high sided on a Z bend in 1996 as the bevel drive on my GV1200 siezed and sent me into brain injuries land! Coma for a while "Not ecpected to live, if he does it'll be wheelchair and nurse for the rest of etc!" Managed to walk a little and am now just using one stick for help. Here I am after moving up to Lancaster. Had over 80 bikes. 1st was a D14/4 bantam in 1970 when I was 8 years ild. Never been without 1 or 4 since then untuil the injuries hit.
I just got A 2005 fz600 and I love it. 13 years since I have been on the road with two wheels but I had my first ride this morning and I was only a little bit nervous! I'll get back to it soon enough I'm sure.
Looking forward to getting to know the good people in Lancashire U.K. and its nearby people.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
:welcome: Man, congratulations!!! I am so happy to hear that you are back in the saddle and enjoying what is obviously a passion for you :thumbup:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: from a Dutchman with a Leeds Heritage (well dual nationality anyway ;))

So you crossed the great divide :D , my brother lives in cheshire now and we visit him on the odd occasion.

Pleased to hear you're getting back into riding, take it easy and don't push yourself, I hope all goes well.

Ride safely and good luck :thumbup:

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats!!! Takes a lot to recover from Brain Injury and to ride again... CHeers man...

I have too many patients that don't believe it's possible, hope you don't mind if use your story...

Coming back on the road YOU ARE THE MAN!!! :rockon:

Dogbad

Reaction score
Visit site
No worries Dave. Anybody needs to talk pm me and they can Email me direct with regard to the injuries etc.
Thanks all for the welcome. Hope to meet some of you sometime and NOT fall off breaking my head again!

Dogbad

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6S001.jpg

The lovely thing that it is!