Hit by a Harley today

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
I was riding my bicycle this morning and about 30 miles into the ride I was set up for a left hand turn.

From behind some idiot riding a Harley at about 50+ mph

as I started the left he goes by on the left and hits my left hand, handlebar and front wheel. I veered right just before impact and WHAM

I think his highway peg hooked my front wheel and his handlebar hit the back of my left hand. I was pushed to the right and somehow caught my balance and did not hit the pavement.... I stayed up.

My wheel ruined and my left handlebar bent and left hand numb

HE NEVER STOPPED!!!!!

well after further inspection I am out about $450 dollars for the wheel and my hand is only bruised.....

could have been MUCH WORSE....

I am thankful all is basically well.

W

wrightme43

Glad your OK Mike. Sucks about your bike, but whats worse is the chump didnt stop.
I am sorry that happened, but very glad your ok.

J

jsteinb95

Mike.....so sorry to hear that. Glad you are okay. Too bad he got away...(what a jerk..) You're right, could've been worse. Are you sure your hand isn't broken? Did you go to the doctor? Someone was definitely watching over you. Be careful Mike.....maybe you have a different view now on harley guys. Oh...nevermind, you own a Harley. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
S

sportrider

what a ****ing a**hole!!!! did you get a good look at him? he was probably drunk. most of those d**kheads don't ride to far from home. a good ride is bar to bar for them. man that pisses me off. maybe you can find him and help the progressive gremlins **** up his bike!!! or better yet young grasshopper use your skills on his face!!!:mad: I might just be on a rant now but that harley would have a date with my F-150 in the near future!!!:banghead:

I'm glad your ok this place wouldn't be the same without you!!!

P.S. good luck and happy hunting!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Yes I own a Harley.... rode it about 200 miles yesterday... hit no cyclist.

I did not get a good look it happened FAST .... I know it was a Harley cuz I heard it drive off.

just glad to be alive and no broken bones...

J-- I iced it a lot....and when I press on all the little bones in the area I get no sharp pains I am pretty sure it is fine

I am upset about it but the main emotion is gratefulness that I was not 10inches to the left and I am fine

the $450 for the wheel is a small price for being alive

J

jsteinb95

I give you kudos for not going down. That must've scarred the **** out of you. Were you riding in the lane? or shoulder? I'm glad nothing's broken. Good thing it wasn't a car that hit you.

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
in the lane ready to make the left.... signaled it was clear ahead and then WHAM.

he probably was looking away and then viola he was on me...

I cant imagine he saw my prolonged left turn arm signal

I also think he may not have had his light on... I looked in my mirror and a head check before I took the lane for the turn.

I was shocked after impact that I was still on two wheels... (angels?)

I am happy to only have a sore hand ---

B

Bo67

Glad you're alright Mike. Let me know if you find him. I'm always looking for a new place to park my Suburban.

craig007

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow... that sucks. Glad you were able to keep on two wheels. You are either very lucky or very good, especally with that much damage to your bike.

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Unbelievable he didnt stop.... Just plain ignorant..... Glad you are ok thou... thats whats important.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
the $450 for the wheel is a small price for being alive
It is, but this could go in the "Pet Peeves" thread, having to pay for other people's mistakes.
Glad to hear you're OK Mike, you gotta be in good skiing shape next year!

Motofish

Reaction score
Visit site
A 50 mph thwack on the back of the hand!? You are lucky that your hand still functions. Are you sure the numbness isn't due to a heavy lashing from leather handlebar tassels?

Glad you're ok

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad it was not too bad.

In the UK it is quite a serious offence not to stop after the accident, I assume it is the same in the States?

J

jsteinb95

yep.... hit and run could get you some prison time, of course if they're caught.