Sat. Mod Fest in Dover, NH @ the Busted Knuckle Garage

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Reiobard, oldfast007 and possibly jody.adams will be coming to my house for modding in the garage and food on the grill. If anyone is local and wants to come Saturday, please PM me for the address and/or GPS coordinates and let me know you're coming. :thumbup:

Wrenches start turning shortly after 10:30am. Food starting after 12:30pm. Sorry, no alcohol unless you have a DD and are not on a bike. :Flash:

We hope to have a decent ride after the mods to shake down and test stuff out, maybe some adjustments. :rockon:

All members welcome! Even if you just want to watch, meet and chat, that is fine! :D

staticghost

FZ6 Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh man I would love for something like this. But NH is very far from me. I don't have any friends that are can fix or mod bikes. I have to pay for everything. Only thing I know how to do is change my oil...:(
Well have fun all.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ohh man I would love for something like this. But NH is very far from me. I don't have any friends that are can fix or mod bikes. I have to pay for everything. Only thing I know how to do is change my oil...:(
Well have fun all.

There's 3 hotels in walking distance! Or you can pitch a tent on the deck... nice level surface. :D Do it! Drive up! :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am jealous NH is around 3300 miles for me Now I want to set up a mod/bbq/ride for Socal

This could be an excellent plan around the country... especially for folks, like staticghost, who aren't inclined to do their own mods as well as people who do not have the tools or area to work on their bikes.

I am considering a tire changer at some point for people to come change their own, or, pay me a minimal fee to change it for them to help defray the costs to set up.

Maybe I can be the NH version of Wheeler? LOL! (Sorry, but I cannot ever compare to Kenny! I can strive too though. :Flash: )

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like a great weekend. Hope you all have a fine "Mod-Session"

We can set-up FZ6 Forum Workshops all over the globe.... Wolfman's already getting one together here.. (along with work on all types of bikes)

:rockon:

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sat for us will be the whole Fizzer family... FZ1, FZ6 and FZ6R all in one stable. :D

All other bikes would be welcomed as well. To me, it doesn't matter what frame and engine and between the two wheels. :D

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i am definatley excited about this, My bike seems to be the recipient of the most in depth mods, but not a single one will be seen when we are done :) This could turn into a larger Mod fest down the road (permitting that we can find the space to do it again (hint thrown at Eric) I have alway been an advocate of taking larger jobs and having a few people get together and learn how to do them.

I am thinking the next one could be throttle body synch or something like that.

Either way, Saturday should be a fun time!

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Funny you should mention that, Eric and I were speaking of a possible split on the cost of sync tool on our last ride to Conway, for just such a purpose!

chuckfz6ryder

Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could make it up there. Haven't recovered from rotator cuff repair yet, and there is a beer fest. in Boston this weekend. I don't really have any work/mods to do, but I want to hoist my bike up to the ceiling with that rig of yours:D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wish I could make it up there. Haven't recovered from rotator cuff repair yet, and there is a beer fest. in Boston this weekend. I don't really have any work/mods to do, but I want to hoist my bike up to the ceiling with that rig of yours:D

Wish you could make it! We'd hoist it for sure!

I still owe a pic to the forum of me ON the bike in full gear while on the hoist.... That *could* happen Saturday! :D

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As for the Carb/TB sync... found this sale today! Sync PRO Carb Tuner and 6mm Adapters

This model has the 5mm AND 6mm kit so it will do almost any bike. Most come with the 5mm only and the Yamaha needs the 6mm (bigger, better and faster! :D )

With shipping, under $35 each?

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This might be a good time to also inquire about a New England/NY meet. I was thinking about Vermont or the Catskills/Bear Mountain area. Later in Aug or mid Sept?

Anthony, wish you could be here but if you want to come the next weekend, I'd be HAPPY to go out riding! Or, do you have mods you want to do? ;)

ant_mb

Super *********
Reaction score
Visit site
This might be a good time to also inquire about a New England/NY meet. I was thinking about Vermont or the Catskills/Bear Mountain area. Later in Aug or mid Sept?

Anthony, wish you could be here but if you want to come the next weekend, I'd be HAPPY to go out riding! Or, do you have mods you want to do? ;)

No mods to do, so II'd be coming just to shoot the **** and ride. As long as teh weather holds out I'll make the ride up on the 26th.

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
I haven't figured out what mod to do next - but I'm sure you guys could help with that. It's supposed to rain Saturday :(

I will be up there from July 1-5 though! Track day on the 2nd :D

oldfast007

Thread Killer
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need some roads to scope out let us know....as far as mods what have you done so far?

Have2BeFree

It's My Bike!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you need some roads to scope out let us know....as far as mods what have you done so far?

I don't want to hijack the thread so maybe I should post elsewhere about suggestions for roads to ride while I'm in NH?

Only mods on my bike are Scorpion exhaust and aftermarket directionals done by previous owner - and I got frame sliders. I would like to get a fender eliminator and maybe try shaving the seat.

FZ1inNH

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
No mods to do, so I'd be coming just to shoot the **** and ride. As long as the weather holds out I'll make the ride up on the 26th.

Excellent! Let us know when you hit. Do you still have my cell number? Norm is planning a VT ride for that Saturday, the 27th, and Michele and I are thinking about going. Would you be interested in that as well? This could turn into a nice little meet!