FieldSheer Booster Overpants

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
A recent addtion to my winter riding gear was a set of FieldSheer Booster Overpants. I picked these guys up from MotorcycleCloseouts.com for $110 shipped. As with my winter jacket I had two main points in mind when buying these things: water proof and cold proof. I gotta say, they get perfect 10s on both counts:

320913ea5e0773785d87a08707e0d26d_rough.jpg

Fit:
I bought an XL Tall and I normally wear a 36W/36L pant. The site said "order 1 size bigger if you plan to use as overpants"....I said "screw you internets, I'll order whatever size I want". I was right. These things fit perfect. They are the absolute right length when seated and the waist is just right as well. The liner changes the fit a little, but just barely. The kneepads are large and are positioned directly over the knee when sitting. With the side zippers all the way unzipped, it's easy to get in and out of them. They don't bunch around the crotch and they don't make my pants ride up (both huge pluses in my book).

Styling:
Personally I like them. They are plain with the only real decoration being an inch wide silver reflective srip over the zipper from the top of the ankle down. The pockets and zippers are all well concealed giving it a streamlined look. The only weird thing about it are the two velcro straps around the waist, I'm not sure how to describe it but they are kind of like a built in belt and you have to undo the right side in order take the pants off easily. In addition to these the waist is comprised of several very large stretch panels giving a decent amount of adjustable room. The side zippers run full length with a rain flap that velcros in place over it.

Storage:
Standard 4 pocket setup: 2 rear, 2 front. All with zippers that claim to be waterproof and I have no reason to doubt it.

Temperature Control:
The zip out liner is good. It's got enough room that you can wear the liner over normal pants without being too tight. The velcro ankle holds it in place pretty well over my boots, but there is still some air leaking in. My feet do get pretty cold, but that's not because of the pants.
I think there are vents....there is a zipper above the knee that opens what looks like a pocket lined with some sort of mesh material. But I can't see how they would allow air in. The position of the zipper seems like it would catch much wind or stay open wide enough to allow much air movement. But, as I mentioned earlier, I wanted warm pants for the winter, so this is a non-issue for me. Also, they have waterproof midliner, so vents are kind of pointless anyway.....and they are overpants. Basically, don't expect to wear these things when it gets over 70.

Misc:
There isn't any real hip padding. There's a couple small patches of sewn in padding but not much else. Really, I don't consider this too be that much of a concern. There's (hopefully) enough padding in the multiple layers of clothing to protect me.
I've heard some people mention that their pants slide a bit more on the seat. These don't, I'm just as secure in my seating position as ever. If anything, I think they hold me in place a little better, particularly when breaking hard.
There is a zipper for attaching a jacket on the back. While the zipper is the exact same as my Joe Rocket jacket, it is sewn on reverse from my jacket zipper....so unfortunately I can't zip the two together. I consider this a minor issue and my own fault for ordering different brands.

As far as warm winter pants go, I'd say these guys are fantastic. I've done some pretty cold rides with these guys and been very happy with their performance.

W

wrightme43

I have the same pants but in a older model I guess. The only difference is the side zips. Mine only go to just above the top of the boot and they get stuck in the fabric when zipping alot. Sounds like they fixed that, cause it is the only part of the pants I dont like.
They are warm, and waterproof.