Virginia Beach/Hampton Roads area

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, I'm new to this forum as well as riding but was wondering if anyone else in this area is on this website? I just bought my 07 FZ6 this past weekend, but as I get better at riding, I'll be looking for some people to ride with.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
10 views, no posts. Sweet!

Actually came up on someone riding an FZ6 a couple of days ago over on North Hampton Blvd. Haven't seen any other FZ's around here though.

Pickax

Fasta Bloo... and Black
Reaction score
Visit site
There have been a lot of posts from Virginia riders lately. I had no idea there were so many. I primarily see cruisers around here and not many of those.

I'm in Williamsburg. I'd probably want to wait a little longer before I go riding with a group.

If anybody wants to try to organize a meeting somewhere, just posting it up somewhere on here would probably get you quite a few hits.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ride basically every day, but haven't gone up through any of the bridge tunnels yet. A local FZ gathering would be cool, but I haven't seen too many of us in this area.

So far I've only seen one person on an FZ since I've been riding.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Either of you know some good roads in this area? I've been looking around and riding around plenty, but haven't been on too many really nice looking roads.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Either of you know some good roads in this area? I've been looking around and riding around plenty, but haven't been on too many really nice looking roads.

There are some pretty rides out that way, but you have to go a couple hours west for the really good mountain roads.

Let me know if you guys get together. I'm only a short ride away from the beach.

msfitnetz

Reaction score
Visit site
NoVA area myself and a newer rider. But I would like soon to ride further!
:Sport:

Last edited:

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw my second FZ in the area today..it was heading Eastbound on 264, watch out for the traffic out there! It's mobbed towards the beach.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I visit a friend that lives in Hampton occasionally. I haven't been there since May though.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am in Newport News. Let me know if you ever want to go ride.

There have been a lot of posts from Virginia riders lately. I had no idea there were so many. I primarily see cruisers around here and not many of those.

I'm in Williamsburg. I'd probably want to wait a little longer before I go riding with a group.

If anybody wants to try to organize a meeting somewhere, just posting it up somewhere on here would probably get you quite a few hits.

Let me know if you guys get together. I'm only a short ride away from the beach.

Would you all be interested in getting together in the not too distant future? Williamsburg is as close to the middle between VA Beach and Richmond, but if Teeter wasn't coming, then Hampton would be about the middle. I'd be willing to ride up to either on one of the upcoming weekends (this one included) besides next weekend because my Dad is going to be in town, so I figure I should spend some time with him. Aug 1st I have duty (aka work all day and night) so that would put a damper in that day..Sundays work though most of the time as well.

If you guys all want to get together and ride maybe the weekend after those weeks, I'd love to get everyone in the general area together and go for a ride.

There is a map that will allow you to post a tack where you are located to let others in the surrounding area know where another FZ is. It's not specific to anything beyond your city, so don't worry about that. I know 08-FZ6 has posted because I saw his when I just did mine today. There weren't any others in the area though.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Saw a blue FZ1 today on 64 heading to the North. He was all loaded down for a long trip it looked like. Was it any one here?

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
Would you all be interested in getting together in the not too distant future? Williamsburg is as close to the middle between VA Beach and Richmond, but if Teeter wasn't coming, then Hampton would be about the middle. I'd be willing to ride up to either on one of the upcoming weekends (this one included) besides next weekend because my Dad is going to be in town, so I figure I should spend some time with him. Aug 1st I have duty (aka work all day and night) so that would put a damper in that day..Sundays work though most of the time as well.

If you guys all want to get together and ride maybe the weekend after those weeks, I'd love to get everyone in the general area together and go for a ride.

There is a map that will allow you to post a tack where you are located to let others in the surrounding area know where another FZ is. It's not specific to anything beyond your city, so don't worry about that. I know 08-FZ6 has posted because I saw his when I just did mine today. There weren't any others in the area though.

Oops, just read this for the first time. Only a few months late :D.

I'm always up for a ride, but I don't have many weekends free coming up. Maybe Sunday the 18th....? I could ride out to the coast or we get some people to meet in in the middle. I bet Jman would be in.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Oops, just read this for the first time. Only a few months late :D.

I'm always up for a ride, but I don't have many weekends free coming up. Maybe Sunday the 18th....? I could ride out to the coast or we get some people to meet in in the middle. I bet Jman would be in.

I might be able to, but I've got a couple of x-ray room installations this month. Certainly won't be turning away OT or doubletime.:D

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was out of the country for a couple months until yesterday. I have gotten some decent riding in but it is definitely getting colder out!

I have to work all day tomorrow, but Sunday (provided the weather is good) I'll be riding the bike during the day and at night.

xgrafcorex

arachnobiker
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got back from a 7 month deployment, so I've been riding a lot in the last couple of days. I saw an FZ6 tonight when I was leaving shopping center out by dam neck and princess anne.

I'll be on leave for a number of days and will be riding every day, so if anyone is interested, we could go ride.