dual compound tires

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
gonna need a new rear tire soon, and it makes sense to me to get a dual compound tire seeing most of my miles are up and down the interstate. can someone make this easy for me. list all known dual compund tires for me..... ive done a google search and only get a few different tires, would like to find the best bang for the buck, thanks

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Bridgestone Battlax 021's I'm getting decent mileage out of these and they give good grip when I'm out playing. A lot of folks here like the same, Battlax but the 016's and I believe they're a triple compound. The 016's may not give you the mileage the 021's will give but they're going to give more grip when you play.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thanks for your opinions guys, however can anyone list all the available (dual compund tires) options out there?

That's going to take a lot of homework. The tires already listed at top of the line tires. Also, you're not really going to find a dual compound tire that is not a top tier tire, so you probably can't go wrong.

GravisMaximus

Reaction score
Visit site
it was somw home work indeed. seems that the tech has been out for years but theres only a hand full of sport tires to choose from (non touring). i think the pirelli corsa 3 are the newest to be produced, and they seem to be a little cheaper than the michelin PP 2ct. i also ran into a customor review that had run both these tires and said he thought the pirelli was more stable in corners. im gonna try the pirelli's. thanks for your input :thumbup: