Pilot Power 2CT First Impression

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just got some Pilot Power 2CT's today. I rode back with them 2up in the rain and my first impressions are that they are smoother and that they fall into the turns. Really makes the bike seem effortless to turn. Once I get them scrubbed in good I can give more of a review on them. The back took a small weight and the front did not take any weight to balance. I went up to 70mph and they were very very smooth, more so than the stock 'stones.

I paid after installation and 6% sales tax $393 for the set out the door. The prices were comparable to motorcycle super store's sale prices they have right now, with the front being the same price as their sale price and the rear being 20 something dollars more. And that's without any sale or discounts at the dealer. The 2CT's were only $15 more for the set than the regular Pilot Powers at the dealer, where the rear was like $18 more and the front was actually $3 cheaper. I paid $50 more for the whole set at my dealer than the other dealer I called wanted just for the rear tire. So, I guess I am satisfied with my purchase. I was going to get the Pilot Road 2's, but I think these Powers with their better grip will work better for the riding I have been doing.

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the 2CT and love them, they have a lot of sticking power. One day by accident, I took the chicken strip off the right side with no problem, it held up real good. The bike corners real good, I think you will like the tires very much. Good Luck.

Doc :rockon: