another distracted cager

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's an update from a rider's blog. The prosecutor dismissed the original traffic charge to avoid a potential double-jeopardy issue if more serious charges are brought.

One thing that shocks me is this...the prosecutor says at the end of the post why he dismissed the original charge. Then he states that there was a possibility that if she plead guilty to the original traffic charge, that more serious charges couldn't be brought later. I get that...what shocks me is that her attorney isn't sharp enough to have caught that technicality, and the prosecutor apparently didn't know about it for the first 4 weeks after the accident. Her attorney really missed the boat here...he could've gotten her off nearly scott-free.

Here's the link...Update Anita Zaffke's killer has ticket dismissed, prosecutor displays ignorance

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
These are sickening stories that I hate to read (and I hate it even worse when Mrs. Chemiker reads them. But the fact is that it happens.

When I see a story like this, I'm always disgusted and mad, but also grateful that I have these reminders to keep me focused when riding. People drive like this, and I have to be on the lookout for them. Keep my eyes open and my head moving and get out of people's way. These stories also remind me to kiss and enjoy my family as much as possible every chance I get.

Ride safe everyone.

scottsst

Reaction score
Visit site
that story makes me ill ! After reading that story it makes me want to put a boot in someones door when I see them texting or doing their hair . I was going to go for a ride but now I don't know if I want to now I may drag some cager out of their car for talking on the phone and driving

phocoyote7

Reaction score
Visit site
This does make me mad. We recently had a law passed here in WA that you can't talk on cell phones while driving, believe CA passed at same time. The thing is it's a secondary offense meaning they can't pull them over for it, but if have another cause to pull them over can get a ticket for this.

Funny thing is that since it passed I see more idiots doing this more than ever. That clip of drivers reading or texting really makes me mad. I don't know how these morons can go on living with themselves. There should be a number we can call and report them.