I need some hot weather pants.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's already hot here and the humidity is high too. I've been taking my chances and just riding in jeans, but next month I'm going on a trip and plan on doing a lot of riding in an unknown area so I think now is the time to buy. I would like something in a textile that kind of goes with my Tourmaster Intake jacket. I wouldn't mind an overpant that I could wear shorts or boxers underneath. Pockets that hold extra padding for the knees is a must. I kind of have my eyes on some Tourmaster Venture Air's.

Thanks for any input

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the fieldsheer Titanium Mesh 3 pants. I wear them over pants and shorts.

FIELDSHEER The Official Site

Pros: A lot of mesh. Well constructed. Knee and hip padding.
Cons: Runs 1 size small. Leg zipper is only about 10" so you have to take off your shoes to get them on and off. (the short leg zipper may help with the integrity of the construction for a mesh pant?)

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the fieldsheer Titanium Mesh 3 pants. I wear them over pants and shorts.

FIELDSHEER The Official Site

Pros: A lot of mesh. Well constructed. Knee and hip padding.
Cons: Runs 1 size small. Leg zipper is only about 10" so you have to take off your shoes to get them on and off. (the short leg zipper may help with the integrity of the construction for a mesh pant?)

I love these. I got them a few months ago. The quilted liner makes them good for early fall, and early spring, when the temp in the morning is like 47 degrees, and then goes up to 65 degrees in the afternoon. I take out the liner for the afternoon ride back home from work. Of course, they're good in hot/humid weather, too.

I bought them from
Fieldsheer Titanium Air 3 Pants - Street Bike - Men's Riding Gear - Motorcycle Superstore
for $79.99. I guess the sale is over.

I don't like the velcro in the front as a way of securing the "fly" of the pants. It doesn't seem secure. In fact, I don't know why they put velcro on mesh gear at all, since it clings onto the mesh. Also, I have a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and the zipper goes in the opposite direction, so I can't zip the jacket to the pants.
All in all the pants are nice and at the sale price they were a bargain.

I was in a group ride and someone went down with mesh gear, he probably was going 35-40mph, and his mesh gear help up. He's ok, and his bike needs some work, mostly cosmetic. I noticed that he was wearing a Joe Rocket mesh jacket and a mesh pant, I don't know the brand of the pant. I thought it was a bad time to ask him. The mesh gear was scuffed and kinda "fuzzy," but it didn't tear at all. So +1 for mesh gear. Although I wouldn't go on any highways, where I go +80mph, without my leathers.

Last edited:

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's already hot here and the humidity is high too. I've been taking my chances and just riding in jeans, but next month I'm going on a trip and plan on doing a lot of riding in an unknown area so I think now is the time to buy. I would like something in a textile that kind of goes with my Tourmaster Intake jacket. I wouldn't mind an overpant that I could wear shorts or boxers underneath. Pockets that hold extra padding for the knees is a must. I kind of have my eyes on some Tourmaster Venture Air's.

Thanks for any input

I have both the Tourmaster and Fieldsheer textile and I like them both. They are well constructed and comfortable. Either one is a good choice.

I live in Orlando, and I still get sweaty, but the textile jacket and pants keep it comfortable and better than jeans for riding.

I read on this site about wearing Under-Armor or Starter underwear. So I tried a pair of Starter (cheap at Wal-Mart). And I tell you it is so much more comfortable. No underware bunching up while you are riding and it wicks away the sweat better.

I just wear only the textile pants when I ride though, so I get max air on my legs to keep cool.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the same interest in finding pants that had protection but could be worn in Maryland's hot and sticky Summers. I now have Fieldsheer's 4 Season pants. They have a removable liner and, with that out, are really comfortable. The only downside with all that mesh is I can really feel the engine heat all the more.

I also like that they come in light grey. Anything black acts like a heat sink.

Tim

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't speak for the other brands, but I have used the TourMaster Air Venture's in Houston for over a year's commutes and am very happy with them. 9 months of the year I wear shorts under them. The remainder of the time, I wear the thin liner or jeans/khakis in the morning. There were only a few days last winter that I needed the heavy + the thin lining.

They have held up fine, with no tears or frays.

That said, I may consider something in light grey next time, but I have not really had any problems, even when sitting in traffic in mid summer. Doubt I can justify anything new for a while.

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback. I did go and try on the Venture Airs at the local shop. I might get these, but I think I will ask them to order me some in silver instead of black and with a short inseam.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have had the same interest in finding pants that had protection but could be worn in Maryland's hot and sticky Summers. I now have Fieldsheer's 4 Season pants. They have a removable liner and, with that out, are really comfortable. The only downside with all that mesh is I can really feel the engine heat all the more.

I also like that they come in light grey. Anything black acts like a heat sink.

Tim
I just got a pair of these too, Motorcycle Helmets, Motorcycle Apparel, Motorcycle Tires, Motorcycle Helmet and Motorcycle Gear from Competition Accessories had them on sale for $99. They seemed to run a size too small too, until I realized they had adjustable waist, etc; they fit great.
Unfortunately its STILL in the 50's here, haven't had a chance to ride them in warm weather. :(

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
I can only imagine something that isn't waterproof would let you breathe easily, I can't comment too much on things like this as I just wear my Alpinestars leathers if it's decent to good weather I know they are hot when off the bike but when you get rolling for me you can't beat them plus you have some of the best protection with it being leather.

mkjeld76

USCG Retired
Reaction score
Visit site
Probably 40'ish in a descending increasing radius to the right (20 mile turn) I was in the back of the group and didn't see it happen.