Bike in the House + Rizoma RearSets + PICS

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Decided to winterize the bike this year out of necessity. I plan on using the next few months to restore the bike to street legal trim. I'm going to keep it naked........and ready to crash.

Just put on some Rizoma rearsets for cheap (Props to thatguyx for sending me the eBay link). I'll be upgrading the rear shock and dropping one tooth up front. Besides that, I will probably remove or cut the rear hugger and I also need some bar end weights.

Anyway, the bike is all cleaned up and prepped to sit. I think it looks good sitting in my place...like a nice piece of artwork, right? I've got the dirt bike to play on and the FZ6 to mod...aaahhh...life on 2 wheels is good.

:rockon:
________
Hurt From Nexium

Last edited:

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
looking good, what shock are you planning on going with? dunno if it's possible but it would be awesome if you coudl find some FZ6 cup race fairings, cut a whole for 1 headlight (hi+low) and rock that.

+1 on going -1 on the front, speedohealer would be nice addition for street, got that write up on SBN. actually why not just go -1/+2 520 conv? since you'll be on the track might get more outta that (although it would cost a lot more than $30 for the front sprocket only)

i know it's prepped to sit, but have you sat on it with the rizomas? i'm considering picking up a pair, but is it really worth it? right now i'm really wanting them for aesthetics, but i figure adjustable rearsets will help with my riding anyway down the line.

W

wrightme43

Looks nice man. A Aussie race fairing would look neat modded for street.

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Light(s), blinkers, speedo, mirrors - aside from that the bike will remain completely naked for a number of reasons.

looking good, what shock are you planning on going with?

Probably an ohlins or something on par with that...trying to find a deal.

+1 on going -1 on the front, speedohealer would be nice addition for street, got that write up on SBN. actually why not just go -1/+2 520 conv? since you'll be on the track might get more outta that (although it would cost a lot more than $30 for the front sprocket only)

Bike has enough power for me as is...I'm just dropping 1 up front because it is so cheap and so easy. Maybe when my current chain wears out I'll replace it with a 520 and bigger sprocket out back. Oh yeah, I also have two sets of wheels so I'd have to buy 2 rear sprockets. I much rather spend the money on tires and track time!

i know it's prepped to sit, but have you sat on it with the rizomas? i'm considering picking up a pair, but is it really worth it? right now i'm really wanting them for aesthetics, but i figure adjustable rearsets will help with my riding anyway down the line.

Not sure if they are worth it for you but they were definitly worth $300 to me. I'm 6'3" so I was feeling crunched at the race track with my clipons and all....these will make proper body position much much much easier. They have also given me a good amount of extra confidence inspiring ground clearence and will surely provide better grip and feel! :thumbup: The fact that they are lighter and look awesome is just the icing on the cake.
________
Avandia help

Last edited:

jeff in ohio

Reaction score
Visit site
your best bet on an Ohlins shock is ww.departmentofsuspension.com My Ohlins ran $690 shipped. With the doller vs. Euro really sucking *** right now, I would not be surprised if prices on all euro sourced stuff goes up after January....

If you get a new Ohlins and it has a black adjuster nut on the spring, have the replace it. it is a carbon/plastic composite that WILL break when you go to adjust the spring for the first time. Ohlins USA has been doing warranty replacments on shocks al summer for this issue. They replace it with a standard metal one. Sweden keeps shipping them new in the box with the black nut though....

B

Bo67

Are they still salting the roads like crazy out there in the wintertime? I remember none of our cars lasting more than 7 years while growing up, they'd just rust out. We're poor out here so we just leave the roads icy. You've got a nice winter project to do, I get to re-do our kitchen......boooooring.:(

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, they salt a lot because they've got the budget but the winters in Chicago are not too bad. Everything is relative though...I'm from upstate NY so....
________
Glass pipe

Last edited:
B

Bo67

Cool, I was born in Chicago but grew up in Crystal Lake. Kinda miss Union Grove and Road America. The nearest road course track to me is 5 hours away in Salt Lake City, the nearest dragstip is about 75 miles away in Eagle, ID. We actually use this glycol spray out here to pretreat the roads before a storm. Super slippery on a bike and makes your car all greasy.

S

sportrider

Hey DefyInertia, Love the modern "art work" your displaying in your house!!!
maybe I could talk the misses in to letting me do that!!!:thumbup::rockon:

azoton

Reaction score
Visit site
Those rearsets look sweeeeet :)

Gonna have to look into those. I pretty short. One tippy toe on the ground at a time :) The stock pegs poke me right in the side of my boot when I put my foot down and I have to shift back in the seat and then touch the ground to get that toe down proper.

Hmmm.... those are looking nice!!!!

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
What headlight are you planning to put on that baby?

Still trying to figure that out. I kind of like the GSXR light you use but I'm looking for something I like just a little more...

But these are a little too expensive for my taste

Another cheaper alternative (if you don`t care about adjustability) is to powder coat your stock ones:

Buy used...they were $310 shipped and the performace is unparalleled.:thumbup:

Wavex, you keepin' those peg feelers on there?
________
SweetMaria4YOU live

Last edited:

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Still trying to figure that out. I kind of like the GSXR light you use but I'm looking for something I like just a little more...

Buy used...they were $310 shipped and the performace is unparalleled.:thumbup:

Wavex, you keepin' those peg feelers on there?

Let me know if you find anything for the headlight... I am very curious since I spent countless hours trying to find a proper naked headlight... it`s tough to find something that looks good, so good luck!

Rizoma rearsets are definitely the way to go if you can find a good deal... I was just offering another option for those who just don`t like the look of the stock ones.

The peg feelers shall remain on the bike for now... I grinded the old ones off on my previous fizzer, but since the accident, I am taking it easy... they are a good reminder that once I hear that sound, I'm probably going way too fast in that corner, and I also tell myself "you're technique sucks you mofo, slow down!" :D