what did I get myself into?

elwood206

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone,
after a bunch of reasearch and a lapse in judgment, I just bid on and won this guy

its an 04 that been wrecked, forks are shot and need a few pieces on the rest of the bike.

FZ.jpg

Im a newbie to the FZ6, but not to bikes, ive got an 02 954RR that I love.
Thanks to whoever posted the manuals! Im sure Im gonna be all through those.
First up is gonna be the R6 for mod that ive heard a little about

Circe

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, front end looks like the terminator after being dragged under a bus! That poor bike. Keep us posted on your progress.

J

jsteinb95

hmmmm....how much did you pay for it? Do you know what it's gonna cost you to fix it??? By the way.....welcome.

B

Bo67

Looks like a nice winter project. Good luck and keep us posted.

thatguyx

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome.

forks are shot huh? i know there are a few members on SBN parting out their bikes, you may be able to get the forks cheap. however i suggest picking up the r6 fork + caliper mod, you can get the spacers from FAZR6 on SBN. i got the whole front end forks + calieprs with newish pads for $300 shipped from another member, then 25 for the spacers, followed by $90 ish for ss front lines. not bad considering a new pair of r6 forks runs about $700 without calipers, while a new FZ6 front end is around $800.

after that plastics can be picked up on ebay, or ronayers.com if you want them new.

elwood206

Reaction score
Visit site
paid 1400$ (well still have to scrape it up and go pick up the bike) I figure bieng as cheap as humanly possible try to get away with a running bike for 2k, then work from there.

Ill check out SBN for forks, thanks for the tip.

I was planning on keeping in naked, probably a dual headlightkit and small flyscreen.

elwood206

Reaction score
Visit site
cant seem to find the forks and calipers for anywhere near 300$ sounds like you got a great deal, Ill be keepin my eyes pealed if something like that pops up again

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy it.

You could always part it out if you wanted/needed to. You could get 450 for the rims, probably about 1,000 for the engine and then the rest would be gravy.

I say keep it and get it going!
________
Live sex

Last edited: