Huduson River Valley. Week of 6/15

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
Starting at Sloatsburg, I plan on heading through Harriman, over the Bear Mountain Bridge, hit a couple of towns up the river crossing back over the Rip Van Winkle Bridge. After spending the night, I plan on hitting Woodstock, couple of stops before ending in Sloatsburg. Of course I have to ride from Bucks County, PA to the "starting point". :). Total 2 day trip should yield ~400 miles.

This is my first tour; all of my riding has been day trips. Should be fun as long as the weather co-operates. I'm not an aggressive rider, but I do have moments. I'm looking to enjoy the roads, scenery and experience of a long ride and a tour.

If any one is interested, PM me. I do plan on going in any case.

Larry

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Should be fun as long as the weather co-operates.

The weather is half the fun. Invest in some rain gear if you plan on doing some more longer or multiday trips. Riding in the rain can be fun and can make the senery that much better.

Last weekend at the Deals Gap meet, Josh, Jon and I left in the rain Friday morning because I knew it would hang on the mountain all day. Hwy 28 south of Fontana Villiage was the most beautiful thing ever. With the trees, roads and everything soaking wet the sun began to lift. The clouds started to lift off the mountains and it was truely breath taking!

Don't let the weather slow you down (figuratively speaking).

Enjoy your ride, and be sure to take some pictures!

-bryan

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting how you make riding in the rain sound fun, lol. You're right I know though. The weather looks good enough right know and yes, raingear is in the plan.