Cobra MT975 bike to bike set up

Shagga

Reaction score
Visit site
Just brought cobra MT975 twin pack with PTT head sets,my question is,HOW the hell do you set them up to communicate for bike to bike.Ive tried everything in the manual but as soon as connect head sets both go to transmit and the PTT refuses to work?HELP ME its doing me head in.:(

hrd260

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there, just saw your post re the MT975 radios, I pulled my hair trying to get them to work, I also have Cobra MT800's that you plug into the jack in the top of the radio. This is where I plugged into on the MT975 as well, I realised that there is a small jack on the side of the MT975 radios for intercom, just plug the ptt stuff into the side jack and the radio ptt button should work for transmit and receive. The only thing was, that, although it does work, the radio is not muted when transmitting and receiving, not cracked that yet, at least it works.

Shagga

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the info pn radios,i contacted Cobra them selves about setting up the radios and they say that the radios are not compatable for bike to bike communication so stuff then,i ended up sending the lot back.Went down another route and brought a couple of hand held Cb radios which work spot on with a range of 2-5miles depending on terain.Try this route if you have no success i was quite impressed.