Track day report from st louis

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
One word. addicted!

Today was my first track day! Boy was it awesome. Very fast. I was in the novice group the whole day. I got asked to be bumped up to intermediate but I wanted to stay down to get used to the track, work on entryspeed and lines. Plus theres like 40 something ppl in class b and about 20 in c.

The Fiz handled amazing thanks to the racetechs. The $180 pirelli diablo set worked amazing. Felt super glued and confident. No strips left on the back at all. Front is basicaly gone to.

4 crashes today. 3 in class b one bad highside, one away in an ambulance, and 1 in class c. Saw a guy run off the track infront of me but he saved it.

Oh ya, one other fz6 who rode pretty hard.

Heres a quick vid. Pics will be added later b/c when i try to add em it says some security thing.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Isd9pN8kDiQ[/ame]

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lookin' good! :thumbup:

What a blast huh? Better than canyons? :D

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
ohh ya better than canyons. I was wayyy faster. Lap times were around 1:20-1:22 ish The experts where running 1:10-1:115

Well done! A few more track days and some gooey tires and you'll be nipping at their heals.

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a ball,eh?
4 crashes in one day seems a bit high but you did just fine. Everyone should do a track class it's soooooo much fun and don't you feel your riding ability jumped up a few notches?

Good thing your not near Wolfman, he would have you pump up the 6 and racing in no time:)

fz6nick

I Love Lamp
Reaction score
Visit site
It was pretty cool because the passing rules were pretty laid back. On the site they said no passing sep in straights but they let us pass around the outside 6 feet. I asked a chaperone and he said that you can pass on the inside as long its safe and you dont scare em on the inside at the exit of the turn.