WTF??? Givi Topcase with Speed Rating

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site
I've had my Givi topcase on for about a year, but recently noticed it comes with a warning - "do not exceed speeds over 60 mph". WTF? Isn't the point of the case to give you the opportunity to tour and thus, exceed this limit?

Has anyone with this kind of case lose one off the back of their bike at highway speed, lol?:eek:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
That's insane. I guess they don't want it flying off and becoming a projectile larger than a bowling ball.

I guess the attachments are not speed rated.

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
It's a liability warning to protect them in case you do lose a case.

Don't worry, I've tested GIVI cases to 130mph with no problems.

All testing of GIVI cases at speeds over the legal limit were performed on a closed test track by qualified personnel. Do not attempt at home, in your office, or in any other building. Do not attempt anywhere on the planet earth. GIVI Inc. assumes no liability should your GIVI bags spontaneously combust. If you try to blame us for anything at all, we will ****ing stab you.

larryinpa

Reaction score
Visit site

All testing of GIVI cases at speeds over the legal limit were performed on a closed test track by qualified personnel. Do not attempt at home, in your office, or in any other building. Do not attempt anywhere on the planet earth. GIVI Inc. assumes no liability should your GIVI bags spontaneously combust. If you try to blame us for anything at all, we will ****ing stab you.

Thanks for the reassurance, Fred! I knew it sounded too crazy.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site

ROFL

they probably would too