hope this isnt in the wrong place

hunterfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Being that I'm still new to marriage and all the joy and misery therein, I have come to understand that I have balls for a reason. I'm going to keep my bike after all. Doh, this has been a real roller coaster experience for me. One day I am being pressured to sell my bike, the next i'm coming to see that if I put my foot down and mean it, she backs off. Not like I put my foot down much at all, indeed I have pretty much given her free reign. I never really had good direction or discipline and I am wise enough to know that my educated and very wise wife is right in a great many things, but in this, the bike is MINE! My brother was talking to my dad and my dad agrees that the hit I will take selling my bike so soon after buying it, is ridiculous in the extreme. I took a good ride today, oh joy it felt so good. :p

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Good on ya!! Hey.... Women will push you to see what you are made of.. Stand your ground but be nice;).. She will respect you for it....

W

wrightme43

I always kinda figured that if women wanted men that were soft, we would of went extinct a while back. They like us to be men or they would already have a girlfriend and you wouldnt have to worry about it anyway. LOL

Congrats glad your keeping your bike.

W

wrightme43

Oh and I rode up to Brandonburg saturday with Shelly. I was thinking about you and Shaggy but I had to head back or we would of been riding in the freezing cold dark, instead of the just sorta cold daylight.

S

sportrider

100 Man Points

Being that I'm still new to marriage and all the joy and misery therein, I have come to understand that I have balls for a reason. I'm going to keep my bike after all. Doh, this has been a real roller coaster experience for me. One day I am being pressured to sell my bike, the next i'm coming to see that if I put my foot down and mean it, she backs off. Not like I put my foot down much at all, indeed I have pretty much given her free reign. I never really had good direction or discipline and I am wise enough to know that my educated and very wise wife is right in a great many things, but in this, the bike is MINE! My brother was talking to my dad and my dad agrees that the hit I will take selling my bike so soon after buying it, is ridiculous in the extreme. I took a good ride today, oh joy it felt so good. :p
you have given me hope today that all is not wrong with the world!!!:thumbup:

J

jsteinb95

Good for you man. Women have to know their place. Forget about how much money you would lose, it's your bike and it's paid for, right? AND, it's the principle of it? What did she say?

Last edited by a moderator:

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and I rode up to Brandonburg saturday with Shelly. I was thinking about you and Shaggy but I had to head back or we would of been riding in the freezing cold dark, instead of the just sorta cold daylight.

Not too much excitement in brandenburg.....but I did find a nice little ride from there over to New Albany, IN a while back. Scenic with a few fun twists and turns. Well that was a completely pointless story i just told. You may ignore this post and continue on. Thank you.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Chuffed for ya. Cant live with them, cant live without them (FZ6 that is) not women.

Mattberkshire

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine just made me take out life insurance. I was very surprised!

Just don't do as wheelie when you pass her in the car:rockon:

B

Bo67

Life insurance- check.

Man food- check.

Glad you put your foot down. Just remember to use that option sparingly or it will lose it's effect, ie: don't say "their ain't no way I'm going shopping with you, the game is on tv". Just go shopping. Everyone needs a victory now and then.:D

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got a Competition Accessories catalog today, in it they had a t-shirt that said, "By the time I slipped it into sixth, I couldn't recall a thing she had said..." :D

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
09601_1.jpg

Rich

Reaction score
Visit site
You wouldn't believe the number of men that have walked up to me at a gas pump to get a closer look at my bike, and then proceed to tell me how they used to own a motorcycle. I say yeah, why don't you still, and the answer is usually the same. "I got married and my wife made me sell it".

I would have known that before the knot was tied!

I married a woman 25 years ago, and I told her long before we married, I will ALWAYS have a motorcycle. I have the same lovely woman and two motorcycles.

J

jsteinb95

You wouldn't believe the number of men that have walked up to me at a gas pump to get a closer look at my bike, and then proceed to tell me how they used to own a motorcycle. I say yeah, why don't you still, and the answer is usually the same. "I got married and my wife made me sell it".

I would have known that before the knot was tied!

I married a woman 25 years ago, and I told her long before we married, I will ALWAYS have a motorcycle. I have the same lovely woman and two motorcycles.

It's amazing how much power some women have over their men. Or maybe, it's amazing how much some men let their wives control their life and make decisions for them. My husband wanted to sell his harley and I told him NO.....but he did and now, of course, he wishes he hadn't of sold it. Women can be evil. :D

W

wrightme43

Women rock, most of the time. Some of them are wack jobs, but so are some men. What can you do? LOL
We are just different, I dont want a woman to be my boss, I dont want to boss a woman. Oddly enough, I dont think most women want to boss their men, or to be bossed by thier men, I just think some men are wimps, and some women dont think they can do any better so they end up together, both unhappy, knowing something is wrong.
We are supposed to share life together, not run the others life.