Great day...

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
:D today I buffed out some scratches that I had on the tank, I did the airbox mod by cutting out a larger hole for more air flow and then I added in another set of front turn signals, so now I have two sets in the front. :D

I drilled out 1/2" holes, bought some light sockets some amber lights and bob's your uncle I have turn signals. :D

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for a led socket but couldn't find one so for now this will work but I started out looking for LED's.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks I appreciate that. It's amazing that I got it done on try #1, typically it takes me 3 or 4 times to get it right. lol.....

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Thanks I appreciate that. It's amazing that I got it done on try #1, typically it takes me 3 or 4 times to get it right. lol.....

Always a good feeling! Well done.

This is where I got mine from: Super Bright LEDs - Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs

I used the biggest ones; the 921-x9 LED Wedge Base Bulbs. Only problem was I had to drill the hole bigger to fit the bulb, but not big enough that the socekt no longer stayed in place. It was a close fit!

Only problem is I think they have a minimum order policy IIRC. I jumped in with a freind ordering a bunch of stuff.

Last edited:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
oh cool so the sockets will take a LED bulb if I can find one right? Thats good to know I thought I had to find a whole new socket.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
oh cool so the sockets will take a LED bulb if I can find one right? Thats good to know I thought I had to find a whole new socket.
Yup. As long as the LED/Bulb has a 194/168 wedge base, it should fit right in! Keep in mind that the LED bulbs are 'directional' meaning they will only work when insetered properly into the base. Don't worry, you wont damage the LED/bulb if you put it in the worng way...it just wont light up. If that happens, just try it the other way in the socket. (almost impossible to tell anyway as there usually are no markings on either the socket or LED bulb that indicate which side is pos and which is neg!)

Lots of these bulbs on da eBay as well!

Last edited:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
so, on ebay...look for "led 194/168 wedge base" would that help me find what I'm looking for? I use ebay a lot but not sure how to look up the right LED.
Thanks for your help, I might get LED way before I thought I would. :D

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
so, on ebay...look for "led 194/168 wedge base" would that help me find what I'm looking for? I use ebay a lot but not sure how to look up the right LED.
Thanks for your help, I might get LED way before I thought I would. :D

Yup. I just tried searching on "LED Bulbs 194" and got 952 items found! I think the "194" wedge base is shared by other 'types' as well. [194 Cross Reference: T10, W5W, 158, 168, 147 152 158 159 161 168 184 192 193 901 904 912 916 917 918 920 921 922 923 926 927]

Basically as long as it states that it has a 194 base or can fit a 194 socket, you are in business! Just look at the base of the bulb to make sure. It's a pretty distinctive base.

Glad I could help you spend more money!! Muuwwhaaahaaa :rockon:

Last edited:

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
LOL my wife thought now that my attention has been diverted to the bike away from the Jeep I might save some money....all my "hobbies" take money. :D