Wolfman Racing....entering my first race meeting!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok folks, as quite a few people are aware of, i recently purchased an FZ6 Cup bike, with the intention of racing!

Well, after a few track days, the time has come to race!...should have my MA racing license sorted by the middle of next week, and the next local race meeting is on June 12-13 - Practise on the Saturday, Qualifying & racing on the Sunday.

This is a Cafe Racers Club meeting...and i am entering in the "Bracket" racing class, and the Reese Bancell Cup...

Bracket racing is not bike specific, but qualifying time specific, you might run in a race with 20 bikes, but are only competing with the 4 guys on the same starting row as you...who have qualified in the same time bracket as you....you get excluded from results, if you better your qualifying time by 1.5seconds.

This will be my first foray into any form of racing, and am doing it, to get some experience before hopefully racing in the FZ6 Masters Cup at Eastern Creek in New South Wales on August 7-9...

At this point, i am about 99% certain i will be racing at Eastern Creek, barring unforseen circumstances....

So, Wolfman racing is about to take flight! will be at the track this weekend, working on getting my lap times down consistently, and sorting the bikes suspension, etc.

:Sport:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Ok, I'm ready to order my Wolfman Racing t-shirt, I'm a large :thumbup:. People won't pick on me for wearing a shirt with a pink bike on it, will they...:confused:

Oh yeah, have a blast out there :D

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok, I'm ready to order my Wolfman Racing t-shirt, I'm a large :thumbup:. People won't pick on me for wearing a shirt with a pink bike on it, will they...:confused:

Oh yeah, have a blast out there :D

T-Shirts might be coming sooner rather than later....looks like i might have a priniting & signwriting firm as my first sponsor...

:rockon:

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
T-Shirts might be coming sooner rather than later....looks like i might have a priniting & signwriting firm as my first sponsor...

Seriously...put me down for a large, I'm guessing shipping from Oz to the US is probably as much as the shirt, but by God! I'll pay it :eek:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Seriously...put me down for a large, I'm guessing shipping from Oz to the US is probably as much as the shirt, but by God! I'll pay it :eek:

Am pretty sure, that you will be able to buy the t-shirts straight from the forum shop....admin is keen to put them on the site...so it may be cheaper than you think.

:thumbup:

Silverback

MT Man!
Reaction score
Visit site
Well you know my size XXXL as usual....I'm not afraid to wear a pink shirt....If anyone asks, I'm with the McGrath foundation and I'll collect a dodgy donation for Team Wolfman...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like an awesome plan mate , best of luck with it i guess i like everybody else any very jealous :thumbup: fingers crossed you can debut at Eastern Ck.......If your there then i will be too....

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds like an awesome plan mate , best of luck with it i guess i like everybody else any very jealous :thumbup: fingers crossed you can debut at Eastern Ck.......If your there then i will be too....

AWESOME!!!!!!! :wav:Is Somebody gonna get vid for us here in the forum? :D:rockon:

First video will be from this weekend's track day....gonna be running arounmd Mallala, wit a video camera attached to my tank....just so i can see how awful the truth really is!!!!

:eek:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
So mate are you gonna try & squeeze in a track day at EC before you race there ? If you are, give me a heads up & I will try to get down there to give you a hand, maybe show you around for your 1st time out.

Im not the fastest bloke there but I can get around EC in the high 40s on my VFR400. I might be able to help you in some way.

All the best with the racing mate :thumbup:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So mate are you gonna try & squeeze in a track day at EC before you race there ? If you are, give me a heads up & I will try to get down there to give you a hand, maybe show you around for your 1st time out.

Im not the fastest bloke there but I can get around EC in the high 40s on my VFR400. I might be able to help you in some way.

All the best with the racing mate :thumbup:

I would really love to.....but time, and money, might make it a bit hard...it's a big trip to Sydney from Adelaide.....lots of petrol, etc! Also hard to get time off work....but if i can swing it, i will get there...and would dearly love any help anyone with track knowledge is happy to give me! 1.40's around Eastern Creek, is pretty damn decent!

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site
I would really love to.....but time, and money, might make it a bit hard...it's a big trip to Sydney from Adelaide.....lots of petrol, etc! Also hard to get time off work....but if i can swing it, i will get there...and would dearly love any help anyone with track knowledge is happy to give me! 1.40's around Eastern Creek, is pretty damn decent!

Whoa!!!!!! Hold it right there. When I said high 40s I meant 1:48s & 49s. Shhesh. If I could do 1:40 around EC on my 400 I would be in MotoGP :thumbup:

But im more than happy to give you a hand with spanners, stands & some tips for the track if you like. Been riding there for 10 years so I hope I can at least give you 1 or 2 bits of info that will help :thumbup: