3 walking miles in Sidi boots

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Kudos to you, though, for wearing your boots even when you knew you'd have to walk that far! :thumbup: A lot of people would've just worn tennis shoes, but you stuck with ATGATT and should be commended for it.

W

wrightme43

LOL good deal man, except on the poor feet.

Ummmm next time maybe bungy or backpack a set of shoes???? LOL LOL

What are you getting done to the bike?

Steve

fzwing

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do they still "squeak" ? :D
Mine are fairly new, but they still have the squeaks when walking around.

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
haha - thanks guys. I was at work and left early and didn't want to walk in my dress shoes...although probably would have felt better.

I'm getting my steering head bearing replaced and a Racetech front end.

As for being new and squeaking, yea...not anymore...they weren't new though.

Bates121

B l a c k L e a d e r
Reaction score
Visit site
I have no sympathy for you I was gonna pick you up when I got off work you just decided to leave your work early so you could drop your bike off and start drinking at 2 in the afternoon:rockon:

Ryan T

P.P.P.P.P.P
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Shift Racing shoe (looks like a black suade sneaker). You can do 3 miles in them easy (change the insoles first).

AlanB

Reaction score
Visit site
I have to say that my boots gave me blisters :(

I dropped off my bike at the shop and walked home. Felt good to walk, but my feetsies are sad!!!!

Which boots? I've got the Dohas because they are pretty comfy to walk in. You know, like once you get to the destination walk around a bit and then ride home. Even in Dohas, 3 miles is .... well I'm guessing you know better than I do. ;)

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't want to walk any appreciable distance in my Oxtars either. Not only would it be very uncomfortable, but when I'm not on the bike they make me look like a power ranger fanboy.

I tend to bring more appropriate footwear with me, depending on my destination.

kananaskis

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a set of ankle height Red Wings with a side zip-up (yeah, yeah cruiser boot) and find them fine for durability and comfort. Maybe 2000 Km with them on the bike this season and they show no wear or deterioration from the rain, snow or hail I have had to ride through so far.
I also use them as a general daily shoe and have been impressed so far. FWIW, a friend of mine said that they look like "dike" jackboots (ironically shes a lesbian) when I took them off but said with jeans over them they look dressy enough to hit the clubs. Haha

GConn

Squid hater
Reaction score
Visit site
I suppose they were racing boots. 3 miles?? Is there any sole left? :D Seriously, if they are anything like the B2 or the vertigos, the sole is VERY soft and tends to wear fast. I would take a pair of shoes with me next time. Your feet and wallet will thank you too :)

Unseen

Reaction score
Visit site
Haha, nice one :thumbup:

Been there, last year on my roadtrip to Paris I forgot to bring walking shoes, climbed Eifel tower etc. on my boots, auch poor feet :D