Photochromatic visor insert

MarkyG57

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Visors To be legal they must conform to BS 4110, which ensures a level of scratch resistance and permits up to 50% light transmittance. Any other visors are illegal but sunglasses, tear-offs and inner wrap-arounds are permitted.

fast blue one

The number of the beast
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mark, now that I've looked closer it does actually say for track only.
Looks like I'm sticking with the Raybans.

Soap

Reaction score
Visit site
I use thevisorshop.com for my visors, they do just about everything, light tint, dark tints, mirror effect, iridium.

Currently got a mirror effect on my Shark.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Visors To be legal they must conform to BS 4110, which ensures a level of scratch resistance and permits up to 50% light transmittance. Any other visors are illegal but sunglasses, tear-offs and inner wrap-arounds are permitted.

Why is it that dark visors are illegal, but sunglasses etc... are ok. The law just pi$$es you off.

Clear visor in bright sunlight makes no sense to me at all, can be unsafe. What's the difference wearing sunglasses under a clear visor or just wearing a tinted visor. As long as you don't have the tinted visor on at low light level's I can't see the problem.

Last edited:

codeblue

winter soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've recently applied FogCity HyperOptiks Light Reactive on my Shark RSR helmet, it gives me just the right amount of "shade" on those sunny days. Of course when it's extremely bright outdoors, this doesn't cut it but then again if it's that bright chances are it's also that much hotter. I opted for the light green version that turns blue when exposed to sunlight. Underneath I also wear prescription glasses that has Transition lenses. I like the results that I get with the FogCity HyperOptiks, not too dark and lets enough light through, especially when it's dusk or a night ride. No need to bring extra lenses.