Shinko vs Pilot Power...

Sanctum11

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, sorry to make a post that's been talked about in other's but I really am dying to figure out the best idea in a tire for myself here.

I'm *somewhat* of a commuter, but the honest truth is I play as much as I commute. I'm a very new rider and my complaint is I feel like the bike is sliding out from under me if I give it any angle at all. Specifically the front tire, but I've felt it in the rear tire as well.

That being said, the only tires I've seen people really floored about on here are Shinko's (model unknown) and Michelin Pilot Powers.

1. Why are these the tires to get.

2. Is me feeling like the bike is sliding around even BECAUSE of the tires or should I look at different things first? I assume it's tires, but again-I'm pretty novice (apps 5k miles ridden total) at this so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your help "Fazerites"!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, sorry to make a post that's been talked about in other's but I really am dying to figure out the best idea in a tire for myself here.

I'm *somewhat* of a commuter, but the honest truth is I play as much as I commute. I'm a very new rider and my complaint is I feel like the bike is sliding out from under me if I give it any angle at all. Specifically the front tire, but I've felt it in the rear tire as well.

That being said, the only tires I've seen people really floored about on here are Shinko's (model unknown) and Michelin Pilot Powers.

1. Why are these the tires to get.

2. Is me feeling like the bike is sliding around even BECAUSE of the tires or should I look at different things first? I assume it's tires, but again-I'm pretty novice (apps 5k miles ridden total) at this so I thought I'd ask.

Thanks for your help "Fazerites"!

Have you checked the pressures? Even stock tyres are not as bad as you describe.

Sounds like tyre pressure issues to me as well...

Pilot Powers are more tyre than any FZ6 really needs, i personally think that the Pilot Road 2ct's are the best value tyre for the FZ6....grip like stink in sports mode, wear very evenly in most situations, awesome in the wet! and last for nearly 10000km's, even with a fair proportion of sports riding.

:thumbup:

Sanctum11

Reaction score
Visit site
./update

Yeah, to start it seem's my OEM tire's are supposed to be 33 PSI for front and 36 for back...I just checked them and they're both at 25.

Would it make THAT much difference though? To a point where I'm actually getting a little chicken to lean into anything? I suppose that make's sense as the rubber would give more than it's supposed to and would basically fold over itself (speaking in extreme cases I guess).

...so much for the 'ol "kick the tires to make sure they're inflated enough" eh? :spank:

Last edited:

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
./update

Yeah, to start it seem's my OEM tire's are supposed to be 33 PSI for front and 36 for back...I just checked them and they're both at 25.

Would it make THAT much difference though?

Bloody oath mate :eek:

Put some air in there before you go anywhere ,you would notice a difference at 30 ,let alone 25 !

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it would make that much difference. Under inflated tires recipe for disaster.
Buy a good guage at a m/c shop and check them often. The higher inflated numbers will give better tire life.
Best tire? Michelin Pilot Road 2ct. Word

Sanctum11

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, good to know. Thanks a bunch guys! I'll be sure to keep a much closer eye on them from now on. I consider myself scorned, and appropriated back on the right track! :)

And yeah, I'm hearing a lot of props for the 2ct's, I'll have to be sure to check them out.

Thanks again!