Newfoundland to Georgia

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here are some pics of my preparations for my upcoming trip in June. So if anyone sees a rider looking like they got too close to radiation, give a wave cause it is probably me:)

Damnitsjeff

Yumma Dum Dum
Reaction score
Visit site
That will be quite a haul... What is the drive to want to go to Georgia? Looks like you have the right gear.. Wish you luck and have fun on your trip. I will be taking a trip from Kentucky to Maine in July. How long do you anticipate to be on the road?

CdnMedic

Reaction score
Visit site
I really feel like I am packing too lightly for my trip from Ontario to BC and back in July...
Just using saddle bags and a large back pack strapped to the bike...
However, I do live in the bush for parts of the summer and I don't mind roughing, the less I pack, the lighter my kit is when we are on the move lol.

ddg

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wanted to do the Blue Ridge Parkway and the Tail of the Dragon. I ordered a set of Mad Maps and connected a bunch of the routes for the way down and then doing BRP on the way back north. From Amherst, Nova Scotia and back to Amherst I plan to be on the road for 12 days which means I have to do around 350 miles a day. I do have the time to run a bit over 12 days or shorten a bit of my circular route a bit if required. The whole givi set will be filled to their 20 lbs capacity each and with a tent and sleeping bag on the back seat. Maybe 75lbs total extra weight and 3/4's of that positioned decently, the top case is not the best spot for weight.