FZ1N Conversion

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Finally completed the conversion this weekend (except for a few proper mirror mounts) I would like to thank everyone in the forum for information on the install.

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
Skooter, what's up with your clutch lever??? Did you bend it like that on purpose?

BTW, VERY NICE!!! I love that headlight on the FZ6. Probably something I'll do someday myself.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually been contemplating doing this, if I had more money. If I were to go naked this is exactly the way I would do it. I think it looks really good. How much did you end up spending? Any major problems you encountered?

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The clutch lever was a custom conversion...almost. Two weeks into owning the bike the side stand landed itself on a small pebble and it fell over in the driveway. luckily it only bent the lever with no other damage.

Skooter, what's up with your clutch lever??? Did you bend it like that on purpose?

BTW, VERY NICE!!! I love that headlight on the FZ6. Probably something I'll do someday myself.

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I've actually been contemplating doing this, if I had more money. If I were to go naked this is exactly the way I would do it. I think it looks really good. How much did you end up spending? Any major problems you encountered?

Thank You! Well, after all was said and done with the headlight($495), Rizoma Mirrors($199), Fork Clamps($65), and miscellaneous hardware($25); I have about $785 into the conversion. Good news is that if you have the front end parts in tact (meaning you are not doing the conversion out of necessity of crashing or whatever) you can probably get $500 to $600 of your money back. There are also cheaper mirror options available that could bring this price down. I am also going to look into a different upper attachment for the light. I dont really care for the looks and quality of the fork clamps. Other than that, everything went very smooth.

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I don't know what the back of our stock gages look like, is that some sort of cover or some crap that comes with the headlight that goes on the back or is ours already like that? Yea, I'm lazy.

FZ1inNH

********* w/ Twisted Fate
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Jeeeeez! I really love this conversion! First Tom and now yours.... Well done!!! :thumbup:

broon

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank You! Well, after all was said and done with the headlight($495), Rizoma Mirrors($199), Fork Clamps($65), and miscellaneous hardware($25); I have about $785 into the conversion. Good news is that if you have the front end parts in tact (meaning you are not doing the conversion out of necessity of crashing or whatever) you can probably get $500 to $600 of your money back. There are also cheaper mirror options available that could bring this price down. I am also going to look into a different upper attachment for the light. I dont really care for the looks and quality of the fork clamps. Other than that, everything went very smooth.

Where did you find the Headlight of $495? Right now I cant find it for less the $650

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site