Teknic over pants

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I needed to get a pair of over pants for the inevitable rain and cold weather coming my way. My lovely wife went to our local bike shop and did some pre shopping for me. Came home and said that the Teknic Monsoon over pants were recommended to her but that they were 200.00. Pretty steep but to keep warm and dry worth it.

Before I bought 'em I checked good ol' ebay and found em there for 80 :D

I got 'em and they are worth every penny of the 2 bills. They fit over my pants perfectly, they are comfortable, you don't feel like you have two pairs of pants on. They zipper all the way up the sides with Velcro flaps covering the zippers. The fly is covered up twice with Velcro flaps the zippers for the two front pockets are covered by two flaps of material. They have knee protection and come up high enough so that when you sit down the back is still under your jacket and out of the weather.

Over all they are just awesome, my legs keep warm and dry absolutely no regrets at all.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
just picked up a pair of pants myself. The local BMW shop was having their bi-annual open house, with just about everything on sale. I picked up a pair of Rev-it pants for $100, as well as their Inferno gloves at half price for $60. I would have picked up a jacket as well, but I already had my sights on the Yamaha Endurance Jacket.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the fit for the Monsoon pants? Was the waist true to normal jeans sizes? Was the length decent or were they on the short side?

Also, would they work OK as regular pants (rather than overpants)?

Thanks for the heads-up.

clunk

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the fit for the Monsoon pants? Was the waist true to normal jeans sizes? Was the length decent or were they on the short side?

Also, would they work OK as regular pants (rather than overpants)?

Thanks for the heads-up.

clunk

They fit awesome, I wear a 34" waist the pants are a 34" as well and are a bit loose(maybe and inch and half) the length is great, when you are in riding position they don't go up to your knees. The would work ok as riding pants w/o being over pants but may be a bit scratchy. does that help?

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Very much so ... thanks.

I was looking at the ebayer that you referred to (Iron Pony?) and they also had the Sirocco model. It doesn't say "overpant", so I was torn between the two. Would be nice to have a pair that would pull double duty.

I am right about a 33" waist (32" inseam). Do you think I would be better off with a 32? I was going up to get the extra length.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
yep Iron Pony. If you can get a 32 I'd go for it. I think they fit loose enough that you'd be ok. but that's just my opinion. I wear a 34 and some pants are tight and some are loose so size varies I guess even though it reads 34.

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Just broke down and ordered the Monsoon pants after sitting on the fence for a while. Added a Sirocco Jacket ($329->$99) for good measure. Thanks for the heads up.

H8 PVMT

lovin' life
Reaction score
Visit site
I think you'll be very happy with the pants, now that I have 'em I would pay 200 for 'em. Post up once you get them I'd like to read your opinion.