Long Way Round 2009 (www.longwayround.eu)

xoninhas

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys.

As you can see I'me registered about one year but never posted. Just seeing your website since I have a FZ6N S2 2007. I'm also administrator of Forum FZ Portugal - Índice, a portuguese forum dedicated to FAZER/FZ's ;)

I'm writing in this forum now just to share with you our 2009 ride project: Long Way Round 2009

Please check and comment. Any advice you may consider important, feel free to share it. Thank you.

----------------------------------------------

mapa.geralgif.gif

This is our main 2009 project: a trip around Europe on 2 sportbikes (FZ6NS2 and R6).
We made a site to discuss and follow this trip: Volta à Europa em motas desportivas!
We would like you to participate with your experiences and advices.
Anything you may think important like comment a step suggesting an interest point, advices on long no fuel station roads, some zone to avoid, an alternative route, a bar, a disco, a monument, an hotel, something else you want will be appreciated.

Some numbers:
8000km
13 countries
1000 gas liters
80 fuellings
15 days
2 sport motorbikes
2 riders
average 500Km/day

Thank you!

Last edited:

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Look likes a great trip, I just pity the guy on the R6, the FZ6 is so much more comfortable :thumbup:.
Looking forward to seeing the pics, have a great ride :rockon:

andreigbs

Reaction score
Visit site
You'll have a great trip, enjoy and be safe. BUT, if I were going along I'd worry a bit about going too deep into Slovenia and Hungary. Neither are really well known for great roads.

And I hope your trip will mainly include secondary roads that go into the mountain regions of Italy and Austria. That would be my highlight if I was going.

Other than that, enjoy it and take lots of pics and video if you can.

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
That sounds like a great trip, but you're missing out on the Alps big time with this route.
If it was me I would cut from Venezia west to Milano then west again to ~ Lyon then south to your original route. Lots of great fun twisty roads and amazing mountain landscapes..
View attachment 16763

Have fun and take loads of pictures for the post trip write up!

Fz6Sa

SS1000 Veteran
Elite Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
www.youtube.com
Dont know if you have read this thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/touring/11213-european-coast-trip.html

But these two riders went "The long way round" also,- only they did 25000 km in 3 months of riding, - but the basic idear was the same.

You should try to get hold of Leaver ,- he has some real, fresh, hands on experience, - and knows first hand what to look out for, where not to go, what to see and so on.

Good luck with your trip.

xoninhas

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you guys!

I don't know if we have a cam with us. We are still discussing that. But we will take lots pictures, for sure.

Regarding R6.... I'll pray for him :rockon:

Because we have some comments about being careful at east Europe countries, we spoke with many riders who already went there (like Croatia, Hungary, Slovenia, etc.) and they assure us it's safe. No problems at all. At the beginning we were concerned about borders bureaucracy at Croatia because this country is not part of Europe Union and neither signed to Schengen Agreement. But some experts told us they have special access lines to UE citizens at borders control, so this will not be a problem at all.

Personally, I know the Alps. I understand it could give us lots of pleasure, but I know the road conditions. Many times you found roads destructed by water courses and falls. If you go on a motorbike you must be really “open-eye”, very carefully and ride slowly, since you can reach a missed-part road :confused: This way you will not take full advantage of pleasure. I think could be nice but for those who leave nearby and well know the road.

Vitorb, thank you for your illustration. I see the point, but we ridding on the other way hehe: Leiria->Barcelone->Genova->Venezia->... Any way, I can see you are all great fans of Alps :rockon:

Fz6Sa: Great trip! Didn’t know it. I’ll check their blog. Thank you.