Single headlight????

SpeedRock

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone gone with the big round single headlight look?
i have searched and searched and i have found no one. anyone have a picture?

something like this:
http://www.yamaha-motor.jp/mc/lineup/sportsbike/xjr1300/concept/img/0005/zoom/zoom_003.jpg

http://www.mcnews.com.au/Wallpaper/Yamaha/XJR1300/2003/03_XJR1300_Yellow_LHF_1024.jpg

or this:

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/photos/2003models/2003-Honda-CBR919-CB919-CB900F-Hornet900b.jpg

i am really thinking about going this route instead of the double headlight like the Buell.

any thoughts....

SpeedRock

Reaction score
Visit site
I slept on it and I made my decision.

I am going with this:
7" Single Headlight Kits B/O untill 7/01/07 please check back

Look trough their gallery they have really cool bikes on there.

And I will have it painted exacly like this:

Competition White color scheme.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/199701/images/desktop2008fz6white.jpg

Lets just see now how long it actually takes me to get it all done...
this is my every day ride to work so i cant have too much down time and I have a very tight budget.

SpeedRock

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the totalmotorcycle picture

Ah! of course its a Hornet/919 I wanted one but I could not find one that I was happy with. The FZ6 I am afraid to say was my 2nd choice when I was out hunting, but now that I have it I am glad I got it.

I already have some of the money I will start ordering some of the parts soon but I don't want to start until I have everything to get it done all the way.I have not even made a decision on what type of mirrors to get, handle bars and other little details, I hate half ass projects.
Things are kind of tough right now, the wife does not have a job and we are in the mids of moving so it will take about 2 to 3 months to get all the stuff before i can get to it... no matter what I will get it done and i will have lots of pictures, before during and after.

Last edited:

victorb

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the vrod headlight. I find the standard round headlight a little too blah for the lines of the fz6.

Whatever you go for, post plenty of pics!

shaggystyle

Hummingbird slayer.
Reaction score
Visit site

SpeedRock

Reaction score
Visit site

SpeedRock

Reaction score
Visit site

I have that same headlight
. I'm very happy with it. Put a good bulb in it and it's pretty bright. Simple to wire up, easy to install. Other than that, not much to say. Ask any questions and I'll answer them.

Ah! i love it... same color bike and all, and trust me i will be asking questions once i get the parts in.

Thanks!

thethendi

Reaction score
Visit site
I think this was one of the nicest FZ6s with a single headlight:

Once I saw that, I was set on the single headlight look; the 7" headlight + windscreen combo is nice looking. I feel like the windscreen is a nice touch, since it hides the super-tall bar risers that the FZ6 has.

As for your question on how long it will take: you can probably finish the whole job in a few hours if you have all the parts (headlights, mirrors, some kind of mounting system for the gauge, and new signals if you can't come up with a clever way to mount the stock ones) and know exactly what you're doing. The toughest part of the whole thing, imho, is hiding the wires that used to live in the fairing.

In the case of the Aztec8 headlight (the one I have also), it takes maybe 15 minutes to mount once the fairings are all off. Realistically, it can be a weekend project as long as nothing too weird happens.

Last edited:

AdamDJ

Reaction score
Visit site
Here is my single headlight set up.. I dont hate it but I will probably change it out, its just what came with the bike.. I added the turn signals and an HID h4 setup. I know the signals are off center.. When I installed them I centered them on each bracket but it turned out the brackets werent level.. Lame.. I painted the front fender and rear cover myself in satin black too.. I think they turned out pretty well! I have a new tank on its way too.. I picked it up for only 90 bucks shipped on ebay! Its already black too! The tank I have now is mad dented so this new tank will take care of that and I wont have to paint this one.. Im excited to get it on the bike, Ill post some pics once I do.

Last edited: