Lost a riding brother

detpilot

Reaction score
Visit site
Friends say motorcyclist's throttle was stuck before fatal crash in Grand Rapids - Grand Rapids News - The Latest News, Blogs, Photos & Videos – MLive.com

He graduated with me, didn't know him very well though. First I heard he was drinking, then that his throttle got stuck. I can't imagine why you wouldn't just pull in the clutch though. Either way, he didn't have a helmet on, and it didn't go well. R.I.P.

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v80/75/84/12118917/n12118917_33704892_2426.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v215/89/109/22413282/n22413282_36020784_5524.jpg

S

sm00thpapa

Sorry to hear this. May he RIP and my condolences to his family.

08fz6

Make no excuses!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
sorry to hear this! Sounds like he was a straight laced guy! Seemed to be responsible and one time he is stupid, ended it.... :(

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. R.I.P Let this be a reminder to all of us, this can happen to anyone. Remember where your kill switch is, it's located there for a reason. Also, like some other member said, you can pull in your clutch. And always wear all of your safety gear, not just a helmet.

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
RIP rider.

As a parent, it's heartbreaking to read his mom's comments and to think about what she's going through. Please, even if it's legally optional, always always wear your helmet.

FAZERRIDER

Reaction score
Visit site
Really sorry to hear about your friend. So sad when a young life is taken. I don't think anyone should ride without a helmet. My friend crashed a ski-doo this winter and smashed his head of a tree. I will get a picture of his helmet to post later. All I know is that helmet saved his life. I wouldn't ride without a good one.

600ccdevil

Reaction score
Visit site
My ex-fiance's brother had his throttle stick on him. He smashed into a cement barrier and was thrown several hundred feet. Messed up his back pretty bad.

fazer.rider

Reaction score
Visit site
RIP

regarding throttle stick. when a rider detects the bike is still accelerating with closed throttle, isn't first instinct is too pull in clutch and brake? instead of waiting for a crash?

chimneydoc

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Sorry for the loss. I have three sons I can't even imagine the pain his parents are going thru, I will pray for them. Please, Please,Please wear your helmets and don't drink and drive. Sorry again for the loss. Doc

jody.adams

Reaction score
Visit site
RIP

regarding throttle stick. when a rider detects the bike is still accelerating with closed throttle, isn't first instinct is too pull in clutch and brake? instead of waiting for a crash?

This was a panic situation that did not afford the time to think.
Practice hitting the kill switch then braking to a stop until it is instinctive. That's why its right next to the throttle. Sad story for sure.